7 Speed DSG Gearbox, wet or dry clutch ?

• 1 year later...
On 05/11/2016 at 10:47, duro said:

I have a 2012 II FL 1.6CRD with 7DSG. How can I know which g'change version it has? It's the "old" one or the "new" one? Can you help? Thx

Hi Duro. 

I've got a Skoda Octavia hatchback 1.4 tsi 2011 7 speed DSG gearbox. 

If  I'm understand everything right my 7 DSG gearbox is dry clutch and sealed for life and there is no need of change of transmission oil and filter, seals on every 60K kilometres/40K milles? Thanks in advance!!! :)

@Xitrio Welcome to the forum.

You understand right that there is no Service Guidelines or Manufacturers recommendation on Servicing DQ200 DSG's. These are 7 speed twin dry clutch.

As to a 2011 one.

There might well be outstanding Service Campaign '347F' started in 2014 in the UK on some DQ200 DSG's from 2009-2012/13.

This is the Oil changed from Synthetic to Mineral and a software update.  If done there should be a sticker in the spare tyre well with '34F7' and a date and dealer stamp.

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions 

It might show here if not carried out. Not all did need this.

Then in 2017 there is another 'Service Campaign' 34H5' a Software update on some DQ200 DSG from 2013-2015.

Then from 2019 in Australia a Recall on DQ200 DSG's from 2009-2016.  This will involve maybe cars that were missed in the first World Wide Recall, then Service Campaigns since.

• Like 1