Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps

superbtte

I think I like the idea of this sticker (please see Photoshop mock-up for my car below)

:no:

Thanks for the input. 50/50 on the sticker myself at the moment. 

What I will be getting is the skoda sportline accessories from superskoda.

They have the rear boot spoiler, roof spoiler and side strips that come on the sportline.

They are all gloss black and match my boot sill protector, badges etc. and should look very nice,

:yes:

Please excuse the terrible photo quality. Dreadful weather so took a few snaps with the mobile phone camera.

Better photos to follow when weather allows.

Received from Superskoda and installed the following:

1. Lower door side strips (match nicely the wind deflectors)

2. Roof spoiler

3. Boot spoiler

Next week I will be installing the black side mirror covers.

These should be an even better match with the summer (dark anthracite) alloys.

post-149895-0-70426600-1481372718_thumb.jpg

post-149895-0-53734700-1481372724_thumb.jpg

post-149895-0-80914100-1481372724_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The 'incognito cloak' is slipping! ;-)

Using Skoda sportline accessories so it is just "another Sportline 280" ;)

IMO this car is as incognito as it can be as nobody knows what it is ...

Most think Vauxhall unfortunately but even those that recognize the Skoda badge have no idea what model it is.

No wonder with only around 100ish Superb 280's sold by now.

And maybe 10 of those modified to stage 1. No other stage 2 or 3 as far as I know.

Good fun whichever way you see it and that's what matters to me, enjoying driving the car which always puts a smile on my face, both power and handling/braking wise while still managing over 30mpg with 4 people in it and a full boot.

Edited by superbtte
  • Like 3

A video of the exhaust (Cold start, quieter when warmed up):

Sound deadening installed today in the rest of the car and the bonnet, all the floor is not covered including the boot.

None of the silver material is, of course, visible. Everything is covered by the carpet inside and the bonnet cover.

This should keep the inside almost factory quiet when cruising while still allowing some nice sound in sports mode and the windows and/or sunroof open.

Also, chrome window sills are now black, as are the side mirror covers.

Installing the black front grille and Wagner Intercooler (also black) next week should complete the 'dark stealth' look.

post-149895-0-99870900-1481724227_thumb.jpg

post-149895-0-51343200-1481724228_thumb.jpg

post-149895-0-42311800-1481725623_thumb.jpg

post-149895-0-60668900-1481725725_thumb.jpg

Edited by superbtte
  • Like 4

I take my hat off bud!

I haven't seen a build this good on a new car for a while!

I think t's just outstanding the results that are capable with this engine!

I look forward to seeing further updates

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Coming back to Skoda ranks this weekend swapping a BMW335d GT3 x-drive with m -sport plus package for a ,<1000 mile 280 4x4 Sportline hatchback specced up with sunroof,Canton ,rear camera to name a few extra's so this article has to rate as my favourite all-time thread on this great site.Myself and a guy at work who owns a Lotus Evora (?) and a Leon Fr as a daily stand impressed with the passion and application to create an amazing motor from an understated but admittedly quality starting point...

Whilst I will no way get close to your achievements do intend to replace exhaust system  as even resonator delete on the Cupra I had last year made a worthwhile difference.Gone with a quartz grey one as the blend of metallic paint into black chrome trim/grille and tinted windows accentuates the sleeper mode which I prefer and seems to fetch out the subtle greeny hue of the paintwork. 

Also if you could advise where you sourced the rear bumper protector that would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

Coming back to Skoda ranks this weekend swapping a BMW335d GT3 x-drive with m -sport plus package for a ,<1000 mile 280 4x4 Sportline hatchback specced up with sunroof,Canton ,rear camera to name a few extra's so this article has to rate as my favourite all-time thread on this great site.Myself and a guy at work who owns a Lotus Evora (?) and a Leon Fr as a daily stand impressed with the passion and application to create an amazing motor from an understated but admittedly quality starting point...

Whilst I will no way get close to your achievements do intend to replace exhaust system  as even resonator delete on the Cupra I had last year made a worthwhile difference.Gone with a quartz grey one as the blend of metallic paint into black chrome trim/grille and tinted windows accentuates the sleeper mode which I prefer and seems to fetch out the subtle greeny hue of the paintwork. 

Also if you could advise where you sourced the rear bumper protector that would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance.  

Thank you for your kind words. The rear bumper protector (and most cosmetic mods) are from the Superskoda store.

• Like 1