Steaming up

Feebet

Got Citigo in for 2nd service next week. Mentioned 2 faults to dealer to look at. First one is clicking clutch pedal (common fault I know) but second fault is how much the car steams up. This is our 2nd Citigo and first one never did this and its only started happening over last 5 or 6 weeks. Anyone had same issue ?

• 3 years later...

Can't help you with the clicking clutch pedal, but as to the steaming up look for one of those bags filled with absorbent granules. Easylife do one or used to. I've got one and it works a treat. It comes with velcro which you use to stick it to your dashboard. I've found under the windscreen to be best.

I had the same problem with a 65 plate VW Up and with my 60 plate Golf when I had it. A friend had the same issue with an 18 plate Seat Ibiza. I tried the granular bags but resorted to a good supply of dry microfiber cloths and patience. 

Never had this on any of dozens of 'modern' cars, especially in summer.

Sounds like one of any of these:

- a blockage in the fresh air intake, or water getting in owing to blocked drain holes (look under the bonnet just below the windscreen, check drain holes and/or unclip the plastic cover)

- the 'external air'/'recirculate' lever being broken or stuck on 'recirculate'

- water seeping out the heater matrix and being blown as fine mist  (that is a pain and expensive)

- non-functioning air con (if fitted).