2017 Octavia RS

techdiver

Hi,

First post here as I am in the market for a new car. I am trading in my 2010 Audi A4 and have narrowed my search down to the Octavia RS.

I am looking for advice as to must have (and not to bother with) options for the car along with colour, wheels and trim options.

I originally wanted to go for the Race Blue, but am now thinking about Red. From the online configurator it's quite difficult to decipher between the metallic and non metallic as to whether its' worth the extra cost?

I am also interest in the "Black Design Package" (a €44 add on in Ireland). My wife an I have been "discussing this". I like the look of it and she doesn't. What are the opinions? If going with the Black Design Package I was also looking at the 18" anthracite wheels as a pairing. I have read though that they might be more likely to peel/scrape than others? Is this true?

Regarding interior, I was hoping to get Electrically Adjustable seats, but when I try to add them i am forced to add full leather seats also. Is this a glitch on the site, or something that is required? I can configure a "Style" model with electrically adjustable seats without leather....

I am big into gadgets. I am wondering whether voice controls come as standard with the RS? According to the broucheur voice activation comes as standard with the Bolero from the "Ambition" line upwards, but there are a whole load of "voice addons" in the online configurator which have very little description and are confusing, "Bluetooth+ voice control" (€20),"Voice control (steering wheel activation button) (€293) WTF!!", etc.

Regarding parking sensors. It seems it comes with sensors and rear camera as standard, yet there is an add on available "Front and rear parking sensors - Acoustic & visual display (€365)". Is this just for front sensors? If so it's quite expensive also.

Any other thoughts recommendations would be appreciated. 

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...