overactive traction control

gm11ply

​the fix is not optional ,and once its done the dealer / garage have to inform vosa its done ,if its not done and the fix is available then it will be flag when the car goes for its next mot at which point the mot wont be done till the fix is applied.

​guy at my work with chipped golf was forced to get the fix done (unchipped ££££££ lost)

​the fix is not optional ,and once its done the dealer / garage have to inform vosa its done ,if its not done and the fix is available then it will be flag when the car goes for its next mot at which point the mot wont be done till the fix is applied.

​guy at my work with chipped golf was forced to get the fix done (unchipped ££££££ lost)

The fix is completely optional, there are plenty of us (myself included) that have already refused it. There is even a form for exactly this purpose.

It also has nothing to do with the MOT nor do they have the ability to check with VAG which cars have been fixed.

re post #26,  where is this stuff coming from, there is no truth in what is in the post.

There is no law or legislation to have the owner of a vehicle put it in for Software Updates in the UK, or even the EU.

The DfT / DVSA might be getting the figures for how many vehicles the VW Group have remove Defeat Devices from the agents doing it for the VW Group, 

points means prizes, and VW are getting no prizes for their actions so far,

but there is no DVSA / DfT Safety Recall, or any recall on TDI Euro 5 Emission vehicles or flagging up at UK Mots.

http://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled

(There is recalls on some Yeti models for other Safety Critical failings, or potential failures.)

The person that owns the vehicle and leases it to others can maybe have them get 'the fix' carried out, if the T&C's allow for that, 

but then it can be left to end of the lease.

Edited by Offski

thanks for the postings , I just looked at vosa site and you are correct . so the guy at my work was being misled by his garage???

​also I got the fix done for on reason NOT HAPPY. I will be having words with garage Monday

​thanks guys , I still have to get the traction control sorted

as far as i am told if you dont get the fix done you wont get your next mot , so if you happen to have spent ££££££££ on getting your car ecu chipped its ££££££ down the pan ?????

Who ever told you that is an idiot!

Diesels are not tested for N0x.

The fix is optional, as several have proved here.

DVSA do NOT have to be informed.

There is no "flag" marked against your car.

The MOT has NO relevance to the fix.

The guy at work was not forced to get the fix done.

Thank you for your last post!

Edited by Llanigraham

is this one of those money making schemes for the stealers, where it takes 1/2 hour to apply fix, but they can book 1-2 hours to VAG? so it is easy additional money for them if they can come up with a BS reason to tell customers to increase stealership profits?  

VAG will have stipulated how long this takes and how much they can claim. If it takes longer, tough, that is all they will get.

From past experience dealers make very little money out of ANY warranty claim.

• Like 1

Who is this VOSA you speak of?

VAG will have stipulated how long this takes and how much they can claim. If it takes longer, tough, that is all they will get.

From past experience dealers make very little money out of ANY warranty claim.

And a dealer 'contribution' also.

vosa are the guys who look like police on the roads but are not they are the people who check to  make sure us motorists (m/bikes to the biggest truck ) behave on the roads also control the mot standards .

I hope this is what you are looking for

vosa are the guys who look like police on the roads but are not they are the people who check to make sure us motorists (m/bikes to the biggest truck ) behave on the roads also control the mot standards .

I hope this is what you are looking for

Isn't that the current DVSA? Edited by Ryeman

Perhaps this will help you.

VOSA was "disbanded" in 2014 and is now DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency). 

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/driver-and-vehicle-standards-agency/about

I have several acquaintances who work for them doing various jobs at various levels.

Edited by Llanigraham

Did WEG tell you that?

I know they get a lot of love in the Dealer Reviews forum, though that seems to have diminished somewhat since they expanded, and then moved out of Uphall.  Personally, I've had one less than satisfactory experience with the Sighthill service department in the past, when they flat out told me that work that another dealer had done for another forum member's Yeti wasn't possible.  When I asked them to explain how the other dealer had managed to do it, they just told me: "Oh, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet".  If they'd actually wanted to help, they could perhaps have tried speaking to that dealer, but they showed no interest in taking that small extra step.

I also have little trust in what they say needs doing in addition to the standard service tasks.

And I do think that someone in the sales department might notice that my car is now six years old, and at least strike up a conversation when I'm on the premises, ask me how I'm getting on with the car and, you know, whether I might be looking to change it any time soon.  Nada.

I think that overall they have a fairly poor attitude.  They seem to me to be more interested in ticking all the "quality" boxes that SUK insist on, than actually keeping me the customer properly happy.

I have used a couple of independent VW/Skoda garages in Edinburgh for particular repairs that were needed outside the service cycle.  I've always felt that having the dealer stamps in the service book was worth something when i came to disposing of the car, but I have so little faith in WEG these days that I think one of the independents will very likely be getting my business in the future.

It's a shame.  I like my Yeti a lot but it is getting a little long in the tooth and I have thought of getting a FL one before the new model comes out, but the local dealerships (the other being Arnold Clark) seriously put me off the brand.

How do some of the dealerships (think they can?) get away with such hopeless treatment of their customers?.

Don't Skoda UK do any surveying of their customers?.

re above , no they didnt but i think they would have done the fix without me asking but i will be asking when i am in today if it can be reversed , I want some mpg back (lost about 4 after fix )

I will advise what happens later

How do some of the dealerships (think they can?) get away with such hopeless treatment of their customers?.

Don't Skoda UK do any surveying of their customers?.

Yes they do.  However, that is one of the things I had in mind when I wrote about box-ticking.  The survey has plenty of questions about things like the cleanliness of the premises, the friendliness of the greeting, did they run through the work order in exhaustive detail when you dropped the car off, did they wash the car etc etc etc.  All nice enough things to make the experience more pleasant, but mostly straightforward details that any garage can see to if they want to try to emulate a premium brand.  None of it really gets to the heart of the customer satisfaction experience, which comes down to: are you confident that they know what they're doing with the car, and that they aren't going to make it an more expensive than it needs to be.

Surveys are only really any use in checking that the dealers are meeting a baseline set of standards.  They aren't a particularly effective way to raise complaints - these days, moaning on Twitter seems work as well as anything (heck, it can even get you elected as POTUS).  IMO if it's got to the stage where you have to complain to SUK about your local dealer, the relationship has already gone beyond the point of no return.

Mercedes and BMW dealers are renowned for the quality of their coffee, I understand.  A friend of mine told me that the BMW dealer that he had just bought his new bike from had recently spent a five-figure sum on a new coffee machine.  I couldn't help thinking: guess who ends up paying for that.  But I didn't say it.  It is a nice bike, though.  Wouldn't mind one myself, in fact - but not at that price.

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 1

re above , no they didnt but i think they would have done the fix without me asking but i will be asking when i am in today if it can be reversed , I want some mpg back (lost about 4 after fix )

I will advise what happens later

A 4mpg loss is not exactly a recommendation.......but confirms the suspicion. Edited by Ryeman

the lose could be down to the lose of rear drive that car has at this time that I hope will be sorted today , it was ok until they did work on the car ????? suspicion a plug is out under the car

Post #20 you say the 'changed the handbrake guide'.  

was this because the technician picked up on that at the 40,000 mile service?

?

Was the Haldex being serviced?

What age of Yeti do you have, and was it bought at the Dealership doing the servicing.  Just nosey.

A few years back there was a new member big upping a New Dealership, Staff etc.

Only thing was they were a Director of that Dealership.  Cheeky Barstewardess.

Edited by Offski

the heldex was serviced before I got it as part of me getting it in june , all was well upto the service

it did a wee spin just after I got it not far from the garage that I put down to the ecu needing to relearn

13 reg  and yes it got its 40k done at same place

its booked in for them to look at whats went wrong , I will advise the findings (early dec as I will be away ) but as soon as I know you guys will know )

• Like 1

the lose could be down to the lose of rear drive that car has at this time that I hope will be sorted today , it was ok until they did work on the car ????? suspicion a plug is out under the car

Where are you getting the 4mpg figure from?  Have you had the car back from having the fix done long enough to do a number of brim-to-brim fills?  If you're taking your mpg from the MFD then I'd say that in my experience this figure isn't particularly trustworthy.  I track variations between my own brim-to-brim mpg calculations and what the MFD average shows, and the MFD is always optimistic - usually by at least 8% but I've seen the error as high as 15%.

I suppose it's also possible that the fix could have changed the way that the ecu monitors and reports mpg.

If you have got that figure from a number of brim-to-brim fills then hopefully resolving the Haldex 'oversight' will also get your fuel consumption back where you're used to.  I rather doubt you'll have much luck getting them to back out the fix but you never know.

Will look out for your update once the car's been in to fix the Haldex 'oversight'.