Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

Early real world road testers of right hand drive cars where the pre production testing seems to be done with left hand drive cars.

Hopefully the alignment is fine for the vehicles arriving in the UK, and any reports of snagging faults are quickly rectified.

?

Have Auto Car made it SUV of the year 2017 yet on the strength of having driven left hand models in some country that is not the UK?

• Like 1

Some dealers are taking deposits for an "expression-of-interest" in the UK as UK pre-orders haven't started yet. You don't need a deposit to express your interest though obviously.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

• 2 weeks later...

I have given up on Skoda having been contacted by my local dealership 2 weeks ago to be asked if I wanted to order a kodiaq as I had previously expressed an interest. By phone they confirmed that they were taking orders and booking on Skoda uk order system. Was offered bottom book on my current Skoda. I contacted two other dealerships who stated categorically that orders were not open as yet.

Prior to this I have been caught up in the emissions issue. I have lost a degree of faith in Skoda / VW group on the basis of the emissions debacle and the subsequent mishandling of events. This is now compounded by the kodiaq ordering experience.

I have sold the Skoda (got top book price) and bought a Volvo at a good discount.

Outgoing Skoda was a good car let down by the manufacturing group and dealership.

I'd be wanting to see the thing "In the flesh" and to do a test drive before I'd even consider placing an order for a vehicle.

I hate using cliches but you can't judge a book by it's cover (or in this case a car by it's colour or styling) and when you consider the amount of money you're considering paying out on this vehicle, you have to be very careful to make the right decision.

I made the wrong decision a few years ago and lost £6k in a year, but I was more than happy to dispatch the "wrong car" for a vRS.

The reason I'm considering the Kodiaq is because of the increased height so I don't have to go down into the car as I've recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my left hip, knee, ankle and elbow, so the current vRS may have a short stay with me  :(  and the Kodiaq looks to be ideal.

Would I put in an order without having a good look around it and doing a test drive? Not likely, it's a £35k car I'm looking at.

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1

I have placed  new vehicle order (build slot deposit)  with Vindis Skoda in Cambridge for a Kodiaq 2.0 TDI SE L 4 x 4 DSG. I have paid a preliminary deposit which has basically given me the rights to be on the order list. I am currently build slot no 2 out of 42 which will be their entire build allocation for 2017. Their sister group in Bury St Edmunds have only 30 build slots. I am looking forward to test driving a left hand drive in February with expected delivery in April, although I won't hold my breath!!

Anyway I have never owned  Skoda, and was wondering about the 7 speed auto DSG box. what is the general feeling - how good its it. I currently drive a Hyundai Snta Fe on a 2010 plate with 100k miles on the clock.

Welcome to the Forum.

Your build slot must be right after the 1 Demonstrator they have ordered then.

As to the 7 Speed DSG going in the Kodiaq you had best try one in a VW or Audi to see what they are like.

Maybe the Dealership your order is with can arrange that.

The current 6 Speed wet clutch DSG's are very good, and the 7 Speed Twin Dry clutch used in lower powered engine Skoda are good but a different thing from those going in the Kodiaq.

PS

Be sure not to let them gazump you since they took a deposit and assured you of their 2nd build spot.

Your car should be with them before the Dealer Principal & the Head Sales Executive or any other employees or customers are running around in their 'Demonstrators'.

Edited by Offski

I would 'tend' to agree with that in the main.  But not with certainty., because Car Dealers 'Tend' to have Sales teams with the odd chancer on them.

PS

Demonstrators for Demonstrating to customers with the Tax Breaks they get should be available for prospective customers 

and not un-available because it is some Sales Persons perk and away at present. ie their personal gear is in it.

Or it is getting shown and given road tests to those and such as those because it is specced high and someone had dibs on it in a few months / 3,000 miles.

Edited by Offski

From what I can sumise it seems that there are only about 4000 build slots for UK cars. Looking at the interest that each dealer has and the fact that having received excellent reviews from Auto Express, Autocar and Top Gear, amongst others, it looks as though that demand will outstrip supplies which will keep residuals high. Most of the 2017 build slots will have gone by January..it may be a case of orders past February will be delivered in 2018!!!

I have a written contract for a brand new car. Not sure how they can gazump me without breaking a written contract.

I'm seriously considering one and wouldn't have too much trouble ordering without a test drive. I've bought cars and bikes before without a test drive. I'm pretty sure I know what it will be like. The nuances of ride, handling, performance as spouted by journalists are pretty irrelevant to most of us on a day-to-day basis. We simply climb in, chug a few miles, wash it on Sunday, ad-infinitum.

I know too many people who are paying big bucks for some badge snobbery.

Will I? Won't I? Decisions, decisions.

I think I will put one dealer to the test who contacted me after my "expression of interest". Will he call me again?

I'd hate to wait to test drive one in March then wait 3 months for delivery.

I'll just phone and order from whoever has best deal. Not that I'm expecting there to be any good deals. It's all about best finance package nowadays.

It's just a bit snazzier than my 2011 Superb estate. I am tempted by the 7 seats as 4 grandchildren recently required 2 cars for a simple trip to a park.

• Like 1

Maybe swerve Arnold Clark, or even Parks of Hamilton & see if Ingrams or John Clark can quote you happy.

There will be plenty of salespeople doing all the sales talk, and there will be Dealership Groups that have their allocation and are happy to do the deals with vehicles they can supply.

Maybe swerve Arnold Clark, or even Parks of Hamilton & see if Ingrams or John Clark can quote you happy.

There will be plenty of salespeople doing all the sales talk, and there will be Dealership Groups that have their allocation and are happy to do the deals with vehicles they can supply.

I try to Never say Never, but I think hell will freeze over before I ever hand money over to the Arnold Clark.

Having experienced them a few times in the past and knowing someone who did work for them, they seem to be an obnoxious organisation.

Having recently purchased form the other end of the country, I find distance is not problem these days.

They're all mercenaries out their.  And we, the customers should act likewise.

It's no harder buying a new vehicle than it is buying form Amazon. You know what you want. You know the price. You choose on the delivery package.

Dealers don't Love Us ad we don't need to Love Them.

This afternoon my next door neighbour had his 65 plate GLC 250D brought home from a service by a nice man in a suit. Does the dealer love him ?  £££££££££££

I only noticed as I was finishing off a car wash with my grandson and clocked the numpty Mercedes driver, who was to return the man in suit to the dealer, surprisingly drove up my drive by mistake.

• Like 1

I have had a ring round several dealers I have had my previous Skodas from and they all seem a little frustrated. Yep you can order a car and they have the mini brochure for you to look at. Unfortunately there are no details in respect of finance package on the system as yet so cannot put any numbers around a car if you order. I am now really bored of this long drawn out model release. It looks a great car and really fancied one to replace my Scout next year but without any knowledge of what it will cost to take ownership on finance, looks like I will be joining a long queue at some point next year when Skoda pull their finger out and get all the info to their dealers.

Can anyone tell me, if I were to trade in my Octavia when the pcp deal ends in the autumn of 2017, but the build time for a Kodiaq is 6-12 months, what happens to the Octavia. Do I get to keep it until the Kodiaq arrives or do I have to hand it over at the end of the pcp deal?

Probably seems a dumb question to you but this is the first pcp car I've had, so I'm not sure how it works in that scenario.

Can anyone tell me, if I were to trade in my Octavia when the pcp deal ends in the autumn of 2017, but the build time for a Kodiaq is 6-12 months, what happens to the Octavia. Do I get to keep it until the Kodiaq arrives or do I have to hand it over at the end of the pcp deal?

Probably seems a dumb question to you but this is the first pcp car I've had, so I'm not sure how it works in that scenario.

I'm on a PCP car for the first time too. My understanding is that you have to make your mind up at the end of the agreed period, e.g. 36 months.

As per what you agreed at the start - (a) pay off the balance and keep it (making it the most expensive example of the model), (B) hand it back and walk away, © miraculously discover that the dealer will give you more than the outstanding balance and welcome you in to put that down as a (part) deposit on your next car.

I don't think you just get to keep it while you wait for another.  That's a different conversation.

Hi boxer boy. What I means was, if I take the dealer's miraculous offer and sign up to order a Kodiaq, trading in my Octy, do I keep the Octy until the Kodiaq is delivered (even if this is several months after the pcp ends)?

Its up to the dealer.

They will give you a part exchange value based on expected date of change, and estimated mileage of your current car at exchange date.

If they think Kodiaq might be 9-12 months away, might give you a rubbish value

Your problem is if your PCP trigger date is before the exchange, you are going to have to buy the car so you still own it as you will have contractually agreed to exchange that car for the new Kodiaq.    Remember the PCP is with a finance organisation that is separate from the dealer, so can't expect them to care what other is doing as PCP company wont even know you have done a deal to trade in at a future date.

One possibility is you could negociate 2 part exch scenarios, one if the new car is before date  PCP expires, other if after that date. 

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

I have had a ring round several dealers I have had my previous Skodas from and they all seem a little frustrated. Yep you can order a car and they have the mini brochure for you to look at. Unfortunately there are no details in respect of finance package on the system as yet so cannot put any numbers around a car if you order. I am now really bored of this long drawn out model release. It looks a great car and really fancied one to replace my Scout next year but without any knowledge of what it will cost to take ownership on finance, looks like I will be joining a long queue at some point next year when Skoda pull their finger out and get all the info to their dealers.

The Finance systems all went live on Wednesday, pricing has been available most of the week.

Not going to bother, cannot get the options I want on a sensible spec, and adding too many options is money down the drain

I am not going to pay over £30k for a car with things I don't want and will probably never use.

Sorry will be going elsewhere and will be leaving Skoda for the next family car if this is what they think I would like

For a start I am happy with the petrol 1.4 DSG, 2 wheel drive, but want cross climate tyres (not available), do they really think I would buy a second set in U.K. And throw away brand new tyres.