Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

Has anyone else spotted an anomoly with the configurator ?

If you add F&R parking sensors for £350 you get park assist, Now if you pick Park assist for £600 you get F&R sensors - eerm, i know what i would choose.

^^ I can't get it to replicate this, are you referring to how the part assist becomes greyed out when you select front parking sensors (and vice versa). If so this is to prevent you from selecting both because the park assist already includes the front sensors.

Any source you can give for that, is that from Skoda UK?

Anything better than 'Should be expected in April 2017' ?

Edited by Offski

I see the configurator is up and running, if not already mentioned.

Could not find the TV though. I did get my spec up to nearly £43k!

Just seen the configurator thread. :dull:

Edited by Danny 57

I have been in touch with Skoda UK Executive Office for 6 months now and the facts are...... (some dealers I have spoken to are not even aware of some of the facts.)

I ordered via my dealer last week an SE L 1.4 DSG 2WD Sunroof and front sensors with beige alcantara.

1. He could not order it immediately because the Skoda IT numpties had a c0kup up in the system.

2. After a couple of days he managed to get the order accepted into the system but not in my name, only his. He is returning from Holiday tomorrow and am expecting to hear that my name is now 'tagged' to the order.

3. Dealers have very low 'allocations' to be spread out equally throughout the year. ( my dealer has 20 in spite of being one of the largest Yeti dealers.) I have roughly calculated that there will only be about 5-600 Kodiaqs available for the whole of the U.K for the whole of 2107 taking an average of the allocation of the dealers that have told me their allocation, times the 140 odd dealers in the country. We will be a VERY select band!! ;)

4. UK. Production in Kvasiny starts week 6 2017 with  dealers demos then customer orders.

5. The official expected delivery date for pr-orders is April 2017 . Presumably yo give themselves a bit of leeway.

March is being optimistic I am told.

Kvasiny will be producing 320 Kodiaqs a day, but remember that will also be for placed orders for at least Czechoslovakia, Germany & France last time I looked at European Configurator availability. So the 320 a day will NOT be just for the U.K.

This video may be of interest.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjS4Etca4I

Edited by Skodanut2

The Factory will no doubt be turning out plenty of the Bright Colour Kodiaq Demonstrators / Media cars for the UK.

Getting them out and about being spotted and discussed.

Very likely, but not much use if they are going to restrict availability. When the Yeti first appeared I believe the wait from order to delivery went out to 12 months! I bet they had some cancelled orders then!

Skoda is not a volume seller in the UK, and the Yeti does not sell in great volumes even where you are, so your dealership that sells or registers many dont do that much really.

Skoda or VW are looking for Global Sales and they will shift enough in the UK once production is up to speed, 

& if BEXIT does not mess up their pricing they will do OK.

Skoda UK just needs to get their Official Dealerships Employees better trained, sort out the lack of Communications between Skoda & Dealerships & Customers,

& sort out that 'Skoda UK Executive Office' that you have been  dealing with, because other Skoda UK Communications Managers seem to lose something in translation,

especially on after sales Warranty Issues.

Skoda is not a volume seller in the UK, and the Yeti does not sell in great volumes even where you are, so your dealership that sells or registers many dont do that much really.

Skoda or VW are looking for Global Sales and they will shift enough in the UK once production is up to speed, 

& if BEXIT does not mess up their pricing they will do OK.

Skoda UK just needs to get their Official Dealerships Employees better trained, sort out the lack of Communications between Skoda & Dealerships & Customers,

& sort out that 'Skoda UK Executive Office' that you have been  dealing with, because other Skoda UK Communications Managers seem to lose something in translation,

especially on after sales Warranty Issues.

I have to disagree I'm afraid.

Down here in Dorset Skodas are everywhere. Especially Yetis.

My Dealer is in the New Forest as I will not deal with the Bournemouth dealer. (Rhymes with Banker!)

My dealer has sold 7 new yetis THIS MONTH.

I must admit that ALL the staff in my dealership are absolutely fantastic. I have had 74 cars in my life and they are the best of any dealers I have ever dealt with. (& I worked for Shell Retail for 21 years looking after 160 dealers and I would include my last comment in that number.

As far as communications twixt Skoda Auto & Skoda U.K.& is absolute cr@p. Skoda U.K. Have had trouble with their emails. But the order system **** up is down basically to Kvasiny and also to a lesser degree U.K. IT is NOT their strong point! I have never had a warranty issue with any of my 4 Skodas so cannot comment. That is why I keep buying them! :thumbup:

I ordered cash retail and got £500 off because it is my Dealer's 25th anniversary and he has offered £500 off to his old (that's me!) and faithful customers only, for any car ordered in December. My current Yeti I bought had £500 worth of free petrol and 2 free services! Am I happy with Skoda (apart from the total F up of the Kodiak launch) You bet I am!

Skoda sold 74,692 cars in 2015 nearly 3% of the U.K. Market which is not bad. Ford were 13% and Audi 6% There are plenty of manufacturers far worse off sales wise than Skoda.

I have read that all before, and know about the elderly, infirm & middle class buyers in the south. & others.

Skoda Dealerships in the North shift Yeti as well, and only 7 in the first 2 weeks of December is likely to get someone a kick up the bum.

Still not many sold or leased, believe me, i know geographically the sales & first registration figures.

Motability Finance offers for Skoda's was very good this year, & Motability Finance are the Biggest Group Buyer in the UK, 

buying outright and leasing to those on PIP / DLA Higher rate Mobilitiy component for 3 years then puting to auction.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance/motability-from-skoda/yeti

http://skoda.co.uk/Motability

VW in the UK First Registered 73,000 Golf in 2015 as an example.

Focus 83,000

Corsa 92,000

Fiesta 133,400

Lots of Yeti registered in the last quarter in the UK, lots sitting waiting for buyers.

Skoda UK registered 74,692 new cars in 2015, quite a number of them left Dealerships as used cars. 

Skoda spin machine is about as poor as their Website Team.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/411394-ever-popular-yeti

Edited by Offski

I assume at the lack of emoticons that your comments are NOT made tongue in cheek If this is the case I find them offensive and incorrect.

No wonder Briskoda is known as 'The other place' by the YOC. 

My dealer is only small family business and has one of the largest stocks of S/H Yetis in the country. Based  in the New forest most customers are well off country types. certainly not elderly & infirm as you infer.

So I think I will leave you to leave some more 'know it all' posts to others and return from whence I cam to a more friendly environment!

• Like 1

Lack of emoticons because i do not use them.  Not tongue in cheek remarks, just made from observation and not mixing Sales of New cars & First Registered and sold to the VW Group cars which within 6 months are with the 2nd Registered Keeper.

PS

I am an Ex Yeti Owner, might be one again in the future.

& will be a Kodiaq owner once the depreciation makes buying one attractive.

Edited by Offski

• Administrators

I think what we're actually reading is a difference in viewpoint and experience based on location. We've members from New Zealand to the artic, all our experiences will be different, not to mention 18* to 80**.  Don't let the lack of a few smilies be a gauge for sharing different viewpoints. If the perception is wrong, take a moment to change it.

Your experience is wholly different to mine with the skoda executive. Although I got a christmas card today so yay, they're awesome... 

The environment is made by everyone one of us, it's a collective responsibility, not one person right or views should carry, not even mine, it's a forum.

"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

There is far less disagreement when it's all one model and a smaller number of voices, we've been there and I've seen it evolve here since 2002. The broad church of views is a weakness as much as it is our collective strength on other issues. We all can do better in posting, but we have to face it, the guy on the other end of the line might have a different view and that might be ill-informed or skewed by Countryfile reports. It needn't' be. You'll get I'm not a my way or highway, I prefer inclusion over exclusion in this community, it's my flaw. Some communities kick any dissenting voices, I don't. 

My sister lives in wellly suv land, she does not own a pair, she does have a suv though. I was born in Scotland, didn't stop a 80yrd old chap calling me a Sassonach in the street. I wasn't offended, we actually laughed. Because we saw we wanted to be friendly.

It's all too easy to forget that basic instinct of sight while we're typing in a debate. There is no red/blue pill smiley here I'm afraid, only knowledge of what you expect, will often become, no matter the truth.

*A few below 18 too  

** A few above 80 

• Administrators

I'm currently calling around to find 'deals' seems the unsaid consensus is not to discount. No need either with, a brand new model. Heck people use to trade order slots, e.g. new rangerover..order one, sell order slot for profit.

I'm sure personal and dealer history will get you somewhere on a discount off list, where there is a will there is a way. There is no substitute for loyalty sometimes. A new 30k car before UK testing/drive orders deserves some reward.

I'm still pressing for a member of our community to be on a launch /test weekend so they can wax lyrically about it to us all. One day it will happen.

I assume at the lack of emoticons that your comments are NOT made tongue in cheek If this is the case I find them offensive and incorrect.

No wonder Briskoda is known as 'The other place' by the YOC. 

My dealer is only small family business and has one of the largest stocks of S/H Yetis in the country. Based  in the New forest most customers are well off country types. certainly not elderly & infirm as you infer.

So I think I will leave you to leave some more 'know it all' posts to others and return from whence I cam to a more friendly environment!

Please don't be driven away from a very useful forum by one idiot.  He has over 28,000 posts which must tell you something.  Just add him to your ignore list.  There is lots of good stuff on here and I don't know why the moderators don't ban him.

• Like 1

?

What is the expected delivery in the UK for anyone ordering one now. (December 2016)?

A short call with a dealer told me that the launch will be April.

He'd recently built a 4.9% finance quote for someone that came in around £500 / month and he'd be happy to take my £500 deposit. Maybe not today  :mmm:

Now waiting for his colleague to call back with some PCH information.

• Like 1