Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

Are you certain it's fully electric?

As potential future owning I was flicking through the manual (as there appears to be no brochure yet in English) and from instruction:

"Press the tow bar in direction of arrow until it audibly clicks into place."

It was not clear if it pops out and has to be pushed in position, or motors out and requires a shove to work?

Either way lot less faff than a detachable and cheaper than the same option on the Discovery Sport!

Basic brochure here - http://www.skoda.co.uk/sitecollectionimages/models/kodiaq/kodiaq-flyer.pdf

I disagree.

An electric one is where you press a button, the towbar retracts and moves under the power of a motor into position and in reverse to store.

The Kodiaq one is the same concept as the Superb just with the operating release handle / button in a different place as per the manual below.

The only electric part is the LED which flashes GREEN or RED to confirm its securely mounted.

Are you certain it's fully electric?

As potential future owning I was flicking through the manual (as there appears to be no brochure yet in English) and from instruction:

"Press the tow bar in direction of arrow until it audibly clicks into place."

It was not clear if it pops out and has to be pushed in position, or motors out and requires a shove to work?

Either way lot less faff than a detachable and cheaper than the same option on the Discovery Sport!

It's an electric switch which controls the electric lock for the tow ball and there's no lights. Sure, to be pedantic they should call it an Electronic Release Towball or something along those lines but I concede; it is not fully electric but electric enough.

BTW: I in fact believe that Skoda blatantly lied in the press release in the Kodiaq saying that it has an 'electrically retractable tow bar' when it does not electronically retract, therefore it is not true.

It looks exactly the same as the one on my Alhambra which is actually brilliant and so much easier than the detachable one I had on my Yeti

Looks identical to superb one RickTT posted on the superb, which looks fine and tucks away neatly.

I think "Electric Towbar" is not a very accurate description though, and £850 option expensive for a manual swing away - but at least you can still have a space saver spare and 7 seats at the same time.

This is what I think of as an electric tow bar:

https://youtu.be/KTbJjZvq5jE

I have seen several of these "retractable" towbars on several car makes now and none seem to have a cover on the Ball itself.  I know it tucks away, but salt, water and muck will still find its way to the retracted position.

Would need a very thorough and good clean before hooking up to a trailer/caravan that has a stabiliser.  All the grit on the towball would ruin the stabiliser pads in no time.  Would also need to remove all the black paint before using the first as well with a stabilizer, which without a cover would go rusty in no time.

No biggie as you can get a cap/cover from anyway, just strange it appears that one is not supplied.  Even with a cover a quick wipe over is not a bad idea with some brake cleaner or similar.

I have seen several of these "retractable" towbars on several car makes now and none seem to have a cover on the Ball itself. I know it tucks away, but salt, water and muck will still find its way to the retracted position.

Would need a very thorough and good clean before hooking up to a trailer/caravan that has a stabiliser. All the grit on the towball would ruin the stabiliser pads in no time. Would also need to remove all the black paint before using the first as well with a stabilizer, which without a cover would go rusty in no time.

No biggie as you can get a cap/cover from anyway, just strange it appears that one is not supplied. Even with a cover a quick wipe over is not a bad idea with some brake cleaner or similar.

The Audi s come with a cap.. I was looking at part numbers for mine as I was going to get one but never got round to it. Thanks for the reminder :)

The Audi s come with a cap.. I was looking at part numbers for mine as I was going to get one but never got round to it. Thanks for the reminder :)

post the part number if you find it, I could do with one as well.

I know when the launch is i get invited, but when is Delivery if you order now.

A new (Lookers) Skoda Dealer is opening near Syon Lane, Brentford  and they have sent an invitation to launch next week,  email includes a picture of the new Kodiaq which is described as appearing.

This is the long overdue replacement for the closed Marlborough dealership which used to close by.

Maybe an admin can add this dealer to the dealers section as they locked the Marlborough one

Milton Keynes Skoda called me to see if I wanted to go to the Koidaq Launch/event, but not until February.  They said it will be a static car on display (ie no drives available) and will likely be left hand drive.  Perhaps the same car(s) will  be doing a round robin appearance at dealerships in limited numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

^^ I can't get it to replicate this, are you referring to how the part assist becomes greyed out when you select front parking sensors (and vice versa). If so this is to prevent you from selecting both because the park assist already includes the front sensors.

Yes.

Whichever you select  it greys the other out.

I've just been told the Glasgow dealer will have a touring (LHD I think) demo Kodiak on display in the showroom on the evening of Friday 17 February. Now in the diary to go and have a poke.

I guess the UK dealers now have a plan to share a handful of demo vehicles to let the punters get all touchy feely.

No test drives offered yet.

I guess the UK dealers now have a plan to share a handful of demo vehicles to let the punters get all touchy feely.

No test drives offered yet.

There are meant to be 6 Kodiaqs doing the rounds of all the dealers.

Having seen the Skoda "electric factory fitted" today on a Kodiaq at Brussels motor show I can confirm that as others say there is the button as on the diagram. A light that stays orange. 

You pull it, bar drops about 10 cm you pull it into lock by hand.

Push button again, unlocks and moves about 5 cm and you manually push it up.

It is not fully electric and bumper cut under car to fit it.

But I would get this, rather than any other after market etc

Just placed an order for the Kodiaq, in the end I went for the 190 bhp DSG 4x4 "edition" model in Quartz grey.

I've also gone for 

• ACC (cruise control - After having this in my A6 I wouldn't want a car without it)
  • Tri-climate
  • Heated Front/Back seats
  • Child Safety locks
  • Canton Sound system
  • Rear parking camera with sensors

I have got this on lease via PCH, was about to make the final payment in a few months for my a6 avant and keep the A6, seeing the deals available and the fact I get a fairly decent car allowance made it a no brainer to keep my cash in the bank and go down this route. I usually lose interest in cars after 2 - 3 years anyhow.

Also, the lease company told me their dealer has a cap of 50 cars for initial order, they should be able to get the order placed today and let me know either later today on early next week the expected delivery date. I would be happy if it was to arrive in May which is when I hit the 3 years mark on the A6...

Edited by Sw1

Just placed an order for the Kodiaq, in the end I went for the 190 bhp DSG 4x4 "edition" model in Quartz grey.

. . . Also, the lease company told me their dealer has a cap of 50 cars for initial order, they should be able to get the order placed today and let me know either later today on early next week the expected delivery date. I would be happy if it was to arrive in May which is when I hit the 3 years mark on the A6...

I kept my SEL extras to less than £2K. Stuff to to make life more enjoyable. There are lots of Nice To Have extras that are simply a total loss or "invisible", e.g. Rear air bags, kiddy locks, etc, etc.

I've been told my order will be loaded onto Skoda system in 2 weeks (early February) then we'll get a build date and delivery date in April.

Bring it on.

ps - Quartz Grey is the one to go for :-)

I ordered an Edition 190 DSG 4x4 in mid December but I am still waiting for a build date and a wee look at a Kodiaq in the flesh!

• Administrators

Also, the lease company told me their dealer has a cap of 50 cars for initial order, they should be able to get the order placed today and let me know either later today on early next week the expected delivery date. I would be happy if it was to arrive in May which is when I hit the 3 years mark on the A6...

erm... lease bypasses this cap. PCH fleet are not capped... The 40 to 60 cap is for retail sales to essentially reduce the dealers incentive to discount on retail. So what they said is about right, but not necessarily in the right context.

I had a chat last week, and 'May' is the slot now.

I ordered from Simpsons on 23rd December, due to some issues with the Skoda system my order didnt get actually input by 5th Jan although may have been some days before. I have been told it usually takes 3-4 weeks for Skoda to get back to the dealer with a build week/slot so im still waiting even now and I wont bother chasing them for another week yet. Hopefully I will have an April slot.

Edited by DarkKnight54

Just has confirmation from the lease company that my order has been processed, the dealer expects the car to hit the dealerships in May... We shall see.

Order placed last Friday with my local dealer for 2.0TDI 150ps SE L DSG 2wd.

Business Grey metallic with child safety pack, space saver spare wheel and rear camera plus 3yr infotainment online jobby etc.  Has not been accepted by Skoda factory yet but fingers crossed should coincide with my Octy III Scout going back in mid May.

Personal Contact Hire on a 3+35 @ £323pcm inc. VAT.

Looking forward to trying my DTUK CRD-t box on this one as only £10 to swap over :-)

On 30/01/2017 at 00:47, erniem said:

Waiting to get confirmation from my lease company

Sel 150 tdi dsg 4x4 quartz grey to replace an octavia

3rd skoda in a row

Anticipated Delivery Early May

4a4 Heated Front And Rear Seats
7x2 Front And Rear Parking Sensors
8s6+5xh+pn2/Pn3 Interior Light Pack
9wx Media Command
Pjd/Pje Temporary Space Saver Spare Whl
Pkv+9t1 Htd Windscreen+heatd Washer Nozl
Pob 3 Yrs Infotainment Online+phone Box