New SE and SE L Drive models released

Smokeyjoe

That's ******* typical isn't it  :dull:

I added Amundsen nav, DAB, front sensors, LED rear lights, heated screen and silver roof bars to our SE-L not too long ago, I also added a reversing camera and some other odds and sods. All of a sudden the big ticket options are part of a package with a considerable saving. Cheers Skoda  :thumbup:

FYI, the SE-L Drive appears to retain the SE-L's original spec, which includes the (mostly) leather upholstery, AFL Xenons, rear sensors etc. 

The SE Drive appears to get the fancy quilted seats. The SE-L Drive seats look identical to the original SE-L seats. 

• Like 1

Please let us all know how she gets on and any insights into comparison with the Yeti..

Test drive complete. I sat as a passenger in the rear and then front seat. Christine drove.

Didn't like the rear at all....poor view out and dark with the privacy glass too. Not at all nice and airy with a good view all round like the Yeti.

Within the first 100 yards I thought we had a punture the ride and noise on a rough surface was awful. 19 inch wheels are for childrens bikes!

I didn't find it comfortable either fore or aft. 

For a 140 petrol it did not feel sprightly and was apt to be hesitant. Not very refined. Gearbox shift was not great...6 speed manual.

Lots of toys and feels nice quality and good value given the massive discounts. Various engine options in both petrol and diesel and good auto options

Don't buy without a test drive. Looks good....fails to deliver. Yeti much better except the top millimetre.

Now considering a Fabia.....I really liked the Monte Carlo....OK that top millimetre still doesn't shine so much but get beyond that and it's all good

She struggles with the Skoda brand...its image from long ago...

I will need to re brand it. My favourite is TMA....Thinking Mans Audi........

Edited by 33q

I would have thought the problem of specific engine transmission combinations not being available in the U.K. is not down to the incompetence of your national distributor but more likely supply constraints from higher VW profit margins on their bigger name brands.

Skoda is a trickle down brand apparently which means you have to be patient (?)

Or

They are incompetent

Now considering a Fabia.....I really liked the Monte Carlo....OK that top millimetre still doesn't shine so much but get beyond that and it's all good

Fabia is a good car, look at the estate version as it does look smart. Not much you can do about her struggles with the Skoda brand, I have relatives who feel just the same and no amount of data will convince them that Skoda's are anything but PMT's (poor men's transport)!

Some friends of mine were also a bit 'iffy'. I showed them some places where the VW and Audi rings were marked [hoses are the easiest]. They switched from a Ford to a Yeti and are over the moon with it

But the VW Group & Audi reliability reputation was shown to be a sham years ago as was their honesty.

Vorsprung Durch Technic.

So is a Skoda being a Volkswagen by another name worth worrying about, and Badge Snobbery is so pre Defeat Device 

Best just play on the Czech Republic Manufacturing bit of things even though they are not all built there, because that is what VW Group are trying with the push for Global Sales.

PS

Does really being a Renault do any favours for Dacia?

Edited by Offski

Heard from the dealer last night that they probably can't place orders for the Drive editions until January and that the team who calculate the residual values are working on those at the moment, so no finance quotes until after Christmas.

Looks like I'm not going to be getting a car ordered right away then!

Yes, my dealer has also told me they aren't due for release until January and they will not be able to quote until then. Suggestion was that it was going to be quite a bit more than the current SE L but make of that what you will.

If the cost of an SEL Drive is approx £700 more then an SEL, then it should only be £30-40 per month more. If it's a lot more then that, then it would be better going for an L&K as there are some cracking deals about for those.

The new add-ons probably won't hold their value well but the overall depreciation shouldn't be much larger than other models.

If it is, I'll just get the 1.4 L&K for £120 per month that one dealership is offering.

The existing Yeti PCH deals being offered by Simpsons and others are pretty 'compressed' in their pricing structure, so there's not much room for manoeuvre for them if they decide to add the SE L Drive. Currently, for the same initial deposit, a 1.2 TSi SE is £89 per month, the same thing with DSG £99 per month and a 4WD 1.4 TSi L&K is £120 per month. Aside from personal preferences when it comes to interior trim colour, I think the SE L Drive would have a tough time if it were priced higher than the L&K.

The existing Yeti PCH deals being offered by Simpsons and others are pretty 'compressed' in their pricing structure, so there's not much room for manoeuvre for them if they decide to add the SE L Drive. Currently, for the same initial deposit, a 1.2 TSi SE is £89 per month, the same thing with DSG £99 per month and a 4WD 1.4 TSi L&K is £120 per month. Aside from personal preferences when it comes to interior trim colour, I think the SE L Drive would have a tough time if it were priced higher than the L&K.

Agreed - it's just a shame that you can't get a quote for the Drive edition now!

Well, I went and had the conversation with the Dealer, bought an TSI 1.2 SE L Drive with a few bells and whistles, PEX current 13 plate SE TSI 1.2 (checked with WBAC for a market estimate), took advantage of the interest free credit to get the £1000 contribution, then a bit more off as a result of testing the market via CarWow & DTD. In the end, its going to cost me around £10,900 to swap.

Could I have done better on price, possibly; am I happy to be dealing with a local business that I've had the last two yetis through, definitely! Local dealer dealt with my woes with the panoramic sun roof on the first yeti well, and I've every expectation that if anything crops up on the new one they try to sort it.

Now the wait begins...

• 3 months later...

Went and test drove the Kodiak yesterday - Very nice - but PCH price was more than I was hopping (20K a year)

So while we were there looked at Yeti - have a Tiguan 2.0 Match DSG Now

Ended up ordering SE L Drive 2.0 DSG yesterday.

The Yeti can only be factory ordered until 24th April.

So those of you thinking about this need to make a decision - or you will only be able to get pre built cars after this date.