Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) no Bluetooth premium connection

After the latest system update my Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) (android V 6.0.1) no longer connects to my car MY 2014 (FL), prior to this all worked fine but now the phone only connects in hands free mode, I've deleted the profiles in both car and phone but when I search for 'new user' the phone connects, remote sim activated appears on the phone and then immediately deactivates and the MFD says please insert sim card in phone, each attempt to pair results in the same. Changing from Premium to hands free profiles and back again gives the same results. Any help or advice greatly received.

I connected a new Samsung S7 Edge with Android 6 yesterday and it is only connecting in Hands free mode as well.

Going to investigate a bit more later today, time allowing

My Galaxy S7 connects without problems. 

Try to clear phone`s cache.

1. Turn the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge off
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
  3. Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
  4. Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
  5. Press the Power button
  6. Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
  7. Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
  8. Your Galaxy S7 will reboot with a cleared system cache
Edited by linni

My Galaxy Note 4 updated a couple of days ago and I was in the car for the first time today. It connected and worked fine for the half hour I was driving.

Previously the phone would randomly disconnect from rsap and refuse to connect again, without faffing around, by either method. I need to go on a long drive to see if it still randomly disconnects.

• Like 1

Thanks Linni, I've followed your info so I'll see if it's done anything tomorrow when I head off to work.

Ashfan, when I first got the phone in August it worked fine without issues, after the first update I suffered the same as you random disconnects from rsap now after this one I can only connect in hands free mode, I'll head off and check some Samsung forums and see if I can find anything there.

Thanks for the reply's folks.

Actually it is recommended after every major update to restore factory settings. Specially, when phone performance seems suffered from update. Yes, it`s PITA to restore all settings and apps, but otherwise there is a great possibility your phone wont`t perform as it is supposed to.

Another reason not to use Samsung phones, they seem to have quirks like this due to their messing with Android core. After a solid user of them have switched to LG and much happier. OnePlus for me next though