Snetterton 300 - 20/02/17

andsoutham

2 hours ago, andsoutham said:

Already have a wavetrac LSD and it's the best mod I've done to the car :D

I have a set of 4 pot brembo sat at home which I will now get fitted, in order to do that I need some lightweight 17" wheels and some rubber to go round them... It'll be an expensive upgrade

Im going to put the Fabia on a serious weight saving diet and I also want to get some better coilovers as the APs are good but I think I need stiffer for track work, Phil has some nice Scale items on his fabia. Another expensive upgrade haha

I'm going to try some new pads in my taroxs, if I'm not happy im thinking of getting some brembos. 

Talk to Ali, he should be able to do you a good price on some BC coilovers. Thats what I want. 

15 hours ago, Hyphons said:

Very fun day, just a shame the GoPro played up, have the dashcam footage though which shows a rather speedy 90mph at one point going into Nelson :D just a shame a few drivers ruined it a little bit for me, found on a fair few occasions drivers overtaking right before a corner or on the corner without invite from me which slowed me down as I do as fast as most of the high bhp cars do into corners

A fair few were guilty of this, invite one past on a short straight in to the hairpin and you'd end up practically stopped as they all shoved past. As tempting as it was to see how a Caterham coped with the rear crash beam of a Fabia....

Later on was ace... think I was near enough the last man standing after fixing my issues and finally getting used to the track. Found the same thing at Croft, as all the kit cars broke/ran out of fuel or got bored the track cleared up and less time spent looking in the rear view.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DanHarper said:

A fair few were guilty of this, invite one past on a short straight in to the hairpin and you'd end up practically stopped as they all shoved past. As tempting as it was to see how a Caterham coped with the rear crash beam of a Fabia....

Later on was ace... think I was near enough the last man standing after fixing my issues and finally getting used to the track. Found the same thing at Croft, as all the kit cars broke/ran out of fuel or got bored the track cleared up and less time spent looking in the rear view.

if i hadn't had to get home for work today i would have been up for some clear track time... maybe the next one!

2 hours ago, DanHarper said:

Seems like the majority was from the TeamHard group, not having a dig, but it wasn't a testing day (evident from the below screenshot), which most were treating it as, specifically the car that passed me just after that board was held up

dd_zpst1bnavc6.jpg

ddd_zpsanlrttkk.jpg

The driving from some of the other cars on track did take the shine off the day for me a bit. It was mostly the race cars overtaking under braking and into/through corners. There were also a couple of other cars (Silver Hyundai Coupe and red Impreza) who took ages to get out of the way as well.

Other than the above - it was good to meet a few new people, see a couple of others I'd met before and share some passenger rides in each others cars. :thumbup::cool:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vrsTom said:

The driving from some of the other cars on track did take the shine off the day for me a bit. It was mostly the race cars overtaking under braking and into/through corners. There were also a couple of other cars (Silver Hyundai Coupe and red Impreza) who took ages to get out of the way as well.

Other than the above - it was good to meet a few new people, see a couple of others I'd met before and share some passenger rides in each others cars. :thumbup::cool:

Thanks for the passenger in the Clio, thing sounded awesome on full power

• Like 1

23 hours ago, stevobeavo said:

I'm going to try some new pads in my taroxs, if I'm not happy im thinking of getting some brembos. 

Talk to Ali, he should be able to do you a good price on some BC coilovers. Thats what I want. 

I so badly want to be apart of this skoda /fabia trackday group 

I know i say it all the time that I will join you.on the next one....this time I will!!

Stevobeavo you reckon we could get a discount if 3 ov us buy them coilovers? as im intrested in a set too ..depending on price.

Already spending too much as is..what's a few more ££££ lol

• Like 1

Here's a quick video of one of my later sessions, I would have been lapping a bit quicker if the Elise in front of me had acknowledged the blue flags and moved out of my way!

Edited by andsoutham
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hyphons said:

Footage from the mighty 1 litre

Think upper front strut brace is needed next as it seemed to wobble a little on the final corner before the pit straight

how does one embed a video on here??

update

I DID IT :P

Edited by andsoutham
  • Like 2

On 28/02/2017 at 13:37, vrsTom said:

I have some onboard video from the Clio and my friend Aaron (Jesus) has also sent me some clips from the pit wall. I'll try and sort them out and upload to YouTube at some point!

Did notice Jesus busy on the pitwall with video. Hopefully a few good shots. :D

1 hour ago, Thomson said:

Andsoutham is yours the black Fabia? Have you a progress thread? What's the spec off it engine wise? 

Mine's the black Fabia hatchback, it's a 1.9pd with a pd150 hybrid running 212hp and 335lbft. It also has a wavetrac dif which helps in the corners. 

If you're thinking of the black Fabia estate then that belongs to @DanHarper and it's a much more interesting beast haha. 1.8t conversion :)

• Like 1