ABS and brake light on - 3 beeps when it starts

theo_k

always me...

I took the PCV valve out of the TIP.  I blocked the hole on the TIP.  I kept the PCV, attached a tube on it and that ends up outside in the wild that goes all the way down the driver's side control arm.

In order to do that, I took out the maf, air filter, bov, intercooler pipe and N75 valve.  So that I have freedom of moves.

Other than that, right under the brake master cylinder, there was a piece of  heat blanket from factory that was all over the place, so I pulled it very gently in case it would come out, it didnt.  So I left it there.

I put everything back to the car and when I turned the ignition on, right away the ABS stays on, and the brake red exclamation mark keeps flashing all the time and makes 3 beeps when I start it.

Brake fluid is fine, doublechecked.

MAF I replaced with another one and it did not make a difference.  I tried to track the wiring all the way back to the black box in front of the near side and up until there it looks ok.

N75 I took a picture before I took it off and then put it back on again perfectly fine.

Checked the fuses on top of the battery, all fine.

Plugged VAG-COM in, and the one code I cannot clear is 18057 - P1649 Powertrain Data Bus Missing Message from ABS Controller.  

The car drives, the brakes work.

My guess is it is something electrical like a grounding or a cable I moved by accident somewhere, can someone help?

in the blue is the blanket I was talking about.

The orange is what I tried to put into that clip(it was already out).  I did not manage to open it and just left it as you see it.

post-34731-0-33961400-1481035126_thumb.jpg

Fairly sure that fault code only arises when the ABS system self tests itself, and finds a communication fault at the ABS Pump. 

I'd be checking the fuses again, inside the fuse box and not just on top of the battery, then the wiring at, and around, the ABS Pump.

Edited by Saints92

you mean fuse box inside the cabin, that I completely forgot.  And then the wiring like you said.  In my view, I must have dislocated something by accident or even cut a wire that it was on its way out.  Will do and report back if it gets resolved like that.