Heated driver's seat failed

awfabia

Warranty expired July, first use of heated seats since then, October. D'oh! Asking for warranty but don't hold out much hope ( see recent corroded wheels thread ). Anyone got an idea of cost to replace element?

Starting to fall out of love with Yeti in particular and Skoda/VAG in general.

Up to now I've been a mega-fan as my avatar of five family Skodas shows as well as my many posts on BRISKODA.

Warranty expired July, first use of heated seats since then, October. D'oh! Asking for warranty but don't hold out much hope ( see recent corroded wheels thread ). Anyone got an idea of cost to replace element?

Starting to fall out of love with Yeti in particular and Skoda/VAG in general.

Up to now I've been a mega-fan as my avatar of five family Skodas shows as well as my many posts on BRISKODA.

Sorry to hear that, you should expect to at least get a contribution from Skoda towards the repair cost. The drivers seat pad failed on my Yeti in its 4th year but luckily I had taken out the extra years warranty when I bought it so no problems with Skoda replacing it. It took about 3 hours for the dealer to replace the unit so you are probably looking at £400+. Is it the base pad or the lumber pad that has failed?

Edited by Expatman

Sorry to hear that, you should expect to at least get a contribution from Skoda towards the repair cost. The drivers seat pad failed on my Yeti in its 4th year but luckily I had taken out the extra years warranty when I bought it so no problems with Skoda replacing it. It took about 3 hours for the dealer to replace the unit so you are probably looking at £400+. Is it the base pad or the lumber pad that has failed?

There is a lumber pad? heated? .....

Be sure to check that on your Yeti there is no TPI on the particular Heated Seat Elements.

There was no Recall on the Faulty ones on earlier Mk2 Fabia FL's just a Service Campaign and now there may be issues with some rear elements.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/417427-heated-seats-a-burning-issue

Is it the base pad or the lumber pad that has failed?

OP tagged the post "The base not the backrest".

Mine failed twice, on the driver's seat.  First time was in warranty, no problem.  Second time was just outside  :S  First time I'd tried it that winter: first MOT and a service was at the end of October; first frosts came in the first week of November -> cold bottom!  The garage liaised with Skoda UK and got it done for me under goodwill  :thumbup:

Goodwill is not a good translation of 'Faulty Materials or Manufacturing', which was and is the issue.

They can call it what they want, but electrical equipment faulty is Safety Critical, and Skoda UK know where they stand as the Importers of the vehicles.

Edited by Offski

Just managed to get both of my front seats repaired before the warranty ran out, the work was done in the last month of the warranty. Good job I checked !