Broken crankshaft

I , my 2007 , 1.9tdi with 110.000 miles has somehow broken it's crankshaft , a mechanic friend has a crank from a 2003 model and , he says one from a 2008 twin cam model , does anyone know if either of these cranks will fit my car ?

do you know what engine your engine is and the potential donor engines 

what was the cause of the failure ??/

you may find it cheaper in the long run when you work into additional items required like bearings torx bolts gaskets  etc plus any other damage to cut your losses on that engine and either source a replacement 2nd hand or remanufactured engine from someone like vege 

do you know what engine your engine is and the potential donor engines

what was the cause of the failure ??/

you may find it cheaper in the long run when you work into additional items required like bearings torx bolts gaskets etc plus any other damage to cut your losses on that engine and either source a replacement 2nd hand or remanufactured engine from someone like vege

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies gents , my engine is a BSW and I have no idea what caused it . The crank remains in one piece but has a brake right across the cast looking part

Can you post some high quality, at least 300dpi raw, but no need to go above about 3"x3" size images of the break? I did some metallurgy at college and may be able to advise on cause.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for my delayed reply , I have gotten the bullet and bought a replacement engine . I don't have a garage , so have a mechanic friend who will fit it for me . I bought it from Estonia , yes Estonia , for £305 delivered , that say it has 44000 miles on it , and it , now here does look young , I will let you know how it goes