Just read this on HJ site..........

pinkpanther

Assuming for simplicity in manufacturing all of those engines in all markets had the cheat then its removal would arguably only become apparent when removed in the U.S. vehicles because they had to meet the SCR standard without resorting to SCR

But

At that time U.K. ones didn't because they didn't have to meet the Californian standard, so no effect on removal then.

Any chance of a link?  I had look on the yeti owners' club forum but I couldn't find anything in the obvious threads.

Edited by ejstubbs

Having had the 'fix' done on my 140bhp 4x4, I cannot percieve any difference at all in performance, noise, or economy. If I did not know that the fix had been applied, I would not be aware of it. The report would seem to prove that by testing.

It does 'seem' like that, & simple.

Only Approval needed getting, and once got then it was suspended because 'the fix; was done in Australia and then reports of adverse affects had 'independent testing' done  and then Approval rolled out, and different for 2.0, 1.6 & 1.2 TDI's.

So some vehicles were not running that good or efficient before a Service & the Fix and might have benefited from a Service & Software Update, 

well now they have the latest VW Software.   So maybe they will be running efficiently, others might run as well, 

and time will tell if EGR issues are any more common than previously.

If you dont suck it and see you will never know, and you can always suck later if you so wish.

Ah, it was hiding in the Technical section rather than in one of the emissions fix threads in the Main Message Centre section.  Thank you!

As said before in other threads, my understanding is that dyno runs are done at full throttle. My understanding is also that emissions equipment is usually switched off at full throttle for engine protection and power availability reasons. Therefore - if I'm right on both counts - a dyno plot is not going to show the effects of changes like increased EGR rates (with knock-on effect on particulates production going up, DPF workload etc.) at non-full throttle settings. Few people drive at full throttle all the time.

Happy to be wrong here, but waiting for good arguments to demonstrate why I am. :)

• Like 1

As said before in other threads, my understanding is that dyno runs are done at full throttle. My understanding is also that emissions equipment is usually switched off at full throttle for engine protection and power availability reasons. Therefore - if I'm right on both counts - a dyno plot is not going to show the effects of changes like increased EGR rates (with knock-on effect on particulates production going up, DPF workload etc.) at non-full throttle settings. Few people drive at full throttle all the time.

Happy to be wrong here, but waiting for good arguments to demonstrate why I am. :)

I think you're exactly right.

If they've changed anything, it'll be part-throttle EGR operation, which won't show on a full throttle dyno run and neither will knock-on effects such as increased regen frequency.