YETI EMISSIONS RECALL :( ISSUES :(

dubDEAN

Hi all

the Tour De France went in for recall last Wednesday and since then it doesn't like to start :( doesn't like to stop sometimes :( and feels sluggish :(

anyone else had any issues?????????????????  :envy:  

So did you have a choice about the recall. could you have said you didn't want to have the work done. Does it affect the warranty or resale value.

I have heard several bad reports about the recall upgrade but if I can I will not be having it done.

• Like 1

Have them send you in writing who's Official Recall & the Terms & Conditions and what legally makes it a requirement to have done to keep a Manufacturers Warranty Valid.

Or just maybe get it done, and have them sign that they said you must have it done because it is an 'Official Recall'.

• Like 1

as per another posting, my adventure approaches the end of its warranty period, just been serviced i declined the 'fix' had to sign a disclaimer, but told the 'fix' could applied at a later date --- i am in france were warranties are for just 2 years

• Like 1

car is a 2014 so under warranty still , they said it would have to be done because it is an official recall :(

My understanding is that it is not a recall, it's a service action.  There are no safety issues involved, which is what would make it a recall.  So that was a dubious piece of advice to start with.  It's perfectly possible to decline to have the fix applied: a number of forum members have done so.

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 1

ITS ALREADY BEEN DONE NOW AND GOING BACK WEDNESDAY :( BECAUSE RUNNING CRAP AND STOP / START ISSUES

Caps lock stuck on? ;)

Do you have a pre-fix autoscan to see what HW and SW your ECU was running? I've seen one report of someone downgrading the ECU to a pre-fix SW version.

• Like 1

9a5c014301588009d68ac0a010ebbb94.jpg

That brings back some memories!

In 1957 I was in Aden with the RAF doing National Service and we formed the Aden Chapter of the Andy Cap Club. At that time they were being formed all around the world. I think it originated with a cartoon strip in the Daily Mirror.

Fred

• Like 1

Hi.  I am in France, too.  When I had my letter (from a director of Skoda France) advising me about the modification, I responded and asked for assurance that the major technical parameters would be unchanged.  His reply included the threat that if I didn't have the work done, the vehicle may be considered to be illegally on the road!  A kind of threat, don't you think?

Anyway, I had the service work done, and haven't yet been able to detect any change in performance et cetera.  But, the consumer group Que Choisir have informed me that I should have been issued with a new certificate of conformity... which I was not given.  I have since emailed the garage and asked for this certificate.  Guess what?  No reply as yet!

What I have noticed is that the exhaust doesn't smell the same!  (Not that I stand there sniffing it!!!)

Edited by griff2

Hi.  I am in France, too.  When I had my letter (from a director of Skoda France) advising me about the modification, I responded and asked for assurance that the major technical parameters would be unchanged.  His reply included the threat that if I didn't have the work done, the vehicle may be considered to be illegally on the road!  A kind of threat, don't you think?

Anyway, I had the service work done, and haven't yet been able to detect any change in performance et cetera.  But, the consumer group Que Choisir have informed me that I should have been issued with a new certificate of conformity... which I was not given.  I have since emailed the garage and asked for this certificate.  Guess what?  No reply as yet!

What I have noticed is that the exhaust doesn't smell the same!  (Not that I stand there sniffing it!!!)

He is technically correct as it doesn't meet the type approval but that didn't worry VWG did it! Cheeky b@gger.

Just wondering why the exhaust should smell different, nothing different is going through it is there?

Just wondering why the exhaust should smell different, nothing different is going through it is there?

The NOx is greater with high combustion temperatures so probably they have somehow reduced that leading to a different exhaust gas smell.

Cars now in for warranty work for some reason they deny its the software update and now changing some sensor or another wouldn't give me full details so i will let you know when i get the invoice 

Cars now in for warranty work for some reason they deny its the software update and now changing some sensor or another wouldn't give me full details so i will let you know when i get the invoice 

"for some reason they deny" maybe it isn't related? We will find out if the change of a sensor cures it.

• Like 1