More . . . BT Broadband Data Accounting Bingo

Clunkclick

33 minutes ago, Clunkclick said:

Is the concept too difficult to understand. Let me re-state it:-

1. The issue the complaint was raised over was the inability/refusal of BT to provide data usage, of sufficient resolution i.e. daily, for the period covered by their excess charge.

2. The complaint procedure hasn't been completed yet. Therefore, its inappropriate to consider changing ISP until the outcome is known.

3. As it looks at the moment, the matter may get referred directly to the Regulator, because BT's Ombudsman process hasn't been progressed. Again, it would therefore be inappropriate to change ISP at this stage.

4. If, I was foolish enough to change ISP, before the BT "Excess Charge" issue is resolved, the £120 charge would still be extant on BT's books. In those circumstances, with that payment outstanding they would, in all likelihood, be unwilling to release the VDSL line to another provider.

5. This could be got round by either getting a new provider to lay in  new line or go to Virgin - either way I'd have to pay for a new connection (Probably £100+) as well as have the BT pursuing me for the outstanding £120. 

6. Plus, you can guarentee that if BT were requested to lay-in a new-line whilst an existing account was still open due to an unpaid debt, being a money only focused organisation, they would be reluctant to facilitate this and would drag their feet.

Now that wasn't too difficult to understand, was it ?

And, I'm very fond of my holiday money, and don't relish substituting a contribution to Gavin's moisturiser fund for two weeks in the land of the part-time farmers.

P.S. If Wino pops-up to say that I'm overthinking this, I will clock him, metophorically, of course.

Nick

1. The complaint is because you don't believe you should be paying for your usage and want to avoid paying the bill for video-streaming. (I have a feeling those warning emails from BT about your limit either go ignored, or you have BT's mail going into your Junk folder....not such a clever idea.)

2, 3. Now is exactly the time to be considering the next move - lest we get more whinging about BT's service while you take the months to make a simple decision. When the verdict comes in, you should be ready to strike. Alas, I fear you're more like a coiled string. And let's face it, it's not like you have a full calendar, is it.

4. Provisioning of the line won't be an issue: they'll chase the outstanding monies through the courts.

5, 6. BT would be highly unlikely to provision another line to someone who doesn't pay their bill. Virgin installation is £50 (well researched) Virgin also have deals for being referred (for both parties involved) I wonder if anyone on here would be willing to help you with that incentive....... Paying by DD is free, not paying by DD is just a mere 45p too. I'd tell you my experiences of Virgin across the 3 properties, but you'd only call me a Marketing FanBoy.

You're right, as usual, your position isn't too hard to understand. I still feel for those relatives you encouraged across to BT though.

Edited by RainbowFire
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I'll go to another thread, when you go to another telecoms provider ;)

So £120 is what is owed?

So if 60 of us chip in £2 each will you stop complaining, change providers and get some real life (eg go outside)?

justgiving.com/Stop_Nick_Whineing_about_BT  ?? ;)

• Like 1