Sleep Package ( the fancy fold down headrest wings)

kotlewm

Hi,

Some of the early publicity shots and videos showed an interesting option to stop one's head rolling around while attempting to sleep in the backseat of a moving car.   In essence there are two "wings" that rotate around to support the head,  these can be seen at the following site:

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/kodiaq/clever-inside  

I've not seen any mention of this option in the configurator,  and cars in test drive videos do not appear to have this fitted.   Has anyone heard if this will be available in the UK?

• Like 1

It'd be good if someone that's ordered a Kodiaq asked a dealer about this. I don't think there's any difference in parts apart from the headrests themselves so it should be easy to order them in when as parts when they're available.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

• 5 weeks later...

I can see an opportunity for aftermarket companies to design and manufacture their own headrests based on a similar design and sell them as aftermarket solutions for any car. Am I right in assuming that the distance of headrest posts are similar in most makes?

• 4 months later...

The Sleep Package is avaliable in the Swedish configurator for about £250. It doesn't say what's included.

But I wish I could retrofit those headrests in my Octavia.

1 hour ago, Riolux said:

The Sleep Package is avaliable in the Swedish configurator for about £250. It doesn't say what's included.

But I wish I could retrofit those headrests in my Octavia.

Globally it has the following: Headrests, blanket in bag, sunblinds and sunset glass. Depends on what's standard on your market's Kodiaq but that's what it should have.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was told they couldn’t be retrofitted which was the main reason I went for a factory order! If I’d known they could be added I’d probably have bought from stock and not been waiting 4 months!