Posting pics

Skodamk1vrs

• Administrators

You can add pictures by clicking 'More Reply Options' in the bottom right. This will allow you to 'attach files' - Please be aware there're limits: You can upload up to 2MB of files (Max. single file size: 2MB)

The best way is to use a free image hosting site, Flickr, TinyPic etc. Once uploaded you can get the direct link to the image. Example: https://www.tinypic.com/MYIMAGE.JPG

Once you have the direct link to the image, click the SQAURE picture icon in the above tool ba
r, it will ask you to paste the link, once done it will insert the image into the post.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

An old thread but, I've noticed that every time I add a picture the allowed upload size decreases. It started at around 9mb and I's down to about 5.6mb now. Is this a monthly data limit or is it a case of once its gone you can't upload pictures using the forum anymore? 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

It’s a limit on your account.

its enough to post a help me kind of topic.

if you’re adding more, you can consider upgrading to freedom; more of a formal donation to operating costs etc, then you get far more storage, amongst many things.

we’re a private site, no deep pockets like Facebook etc. However I do review the allowances and where folk are at. Bigger images out of phones, cameras etc means this is likely to change.

the vast majority of users fit well inside the initial limit.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators
On 19/01/2021 at 14:36, pmdc199 said:

Putting pictures into posts seems to have changed? Or is it the host photo companies that has changed please?

or am I just soecial

Welcome to the modern world. Simply paste the direct link to the image which will end in: .jpg, .png, .gif, etc, and it will automatically embed and show the photo.

Uploading pictures remains the same.