Felicia 1.3: no heat/airflow, even.

Hi. I have a 1.3 felicia. It's a great little car. One problem. When I put on heater it makes all the right noises but hardly any airflow through vents ( they are open ). None at sll from the ones nesr the doors. I checked the housing and the twin fans are spinning as they should. Slso, the temp rarely registers on it unless I tick over in traffic. Then it gies straight back down. I know I need a stat but any ideas about why no airflow through vents. Incidentally I had the car idling while I delved into the heater fan box and it went up to 85 or so and it was hot in the car but still didn't feel like much airflow.

Bit stumped.

Thanks

No hot air is a direct result of not having a good thermostat, if any. You'll get poor mileage because of that.

No airflow at all is caused by the flap actuated by the blower speed switch not moving.

• Like 1

I'm going to fit a new stat to start with anyway. £20 from eurocarparts. Then I'll see what happens. If necessary, I'll take the motor housing off and check for blockages. At position 4 it's quite noisy, similar to something vibrating at high speed against a rotor blade. Anyway, it's Christmas so it can wait for now.

The flap 4 marked below should open/close when switching the blower speed from 0 to I. Usually fails the metallic clip 6 that holds the end of the control cable 5.

WY785OC.jpg

Same thing for the flaps 5 that should move when turning the cold/hot switch.

5a7bte3.jpg

• Like 1

Agree on the above the flat shut as the felicia has the beat heater even with a stat broken but agree it eats up fuel or so if it's OK at heater end then not the best design as it can snap at switch end but very easy to fix...

Do you have any pictures on the air con heater box

• 2 weeks later...