Minty the 1.8t Fantasy Green Fabia

AJ7788

Hopefully your going to be coming to track days in it? None of this streight line rubbish.

I've had a Quaife and Wavetrak in my Fabia 1.8t and i prefer the Wavetrak for track days.

Look forward to seeing you take it to the next level, Trev did a cracking job.

• Like 1

Hopefully your going to be coming to track days in it? None of this streight line rubbish.

I've had a Quaife and Wavetrak in my Fabia 1.8t and i prefer the Wavetrak for track days.

Look forward to seeing you take it to the next level, Trev did a cracking job.

Haha I will indeed be tracking it at some point ;)

What makes you prefer the wavetrak over the quaife out of interest?

Trevor did do an awesome job.. Let's hope I can extend that over time :)

I'm glad this state on the forum. It's a really nice build.

I've got the wavetrac but have driven a few cars with the quaife. It's smoother in action plus works with zero load...Something you'll never really notice but nice to have lol

• Like 1

I'm glad this state on the forum. It's a really nice build.

I've got the wavetrac but have driven a few cars with the quaife. It's smoother in action plus works with zero load...Something you'll never really notice but nice to have lol

They dont haha

0401361A-C4E4-4ABD-A73C-1A8D8F00F6BD_zps

In terms of the difference, just seems to lock quicker and feels like more grip. But its probably just because it cost me a fortune.

What plans you got then?

• Like 1

I'd like to look into the possibility of fitting a 6 speed box with LSD, if not possible then just fit a LSD. Look into turbo intake pipe and water intercooler setup. Should map to between 245 and 260ish. Numbers isn't everything so will see how she handles/feels etc.

• Like 2

Managed to sort one of the niggly issues this morning. Gear stick was just staying where it was left last rather than going back to the middle. Gear selector had a load of crud in it, cleaned that out and perfect now :)

I'd like to look into the possibility of fitting a 6 speed box with LSD, if not possible then just fit a LSD. Look into turbo intake pipe and water intercooler setup. Should map to between 245 and 260ish. Numbers isn't everything so will see how she handles/feels etc.

Hi Mate, your inbox is full.

I mapped the Fabia for Trevor, so when you get it on a dyno please let me know what power it makes for my own curiosity :)
If your interested, I have a Red Forge Turbo intake pipe that will go straight onto your car, this really improves the 1.8T in terms of noise & most importantly, power! - I've also got a 312mm front calipers, with nearly new standard road pads & carriers if you want to upgrade the front brakes significantly? - all for sales on here!
Kind Regards.
  • Like 1

Hi Mate, your inbox is full.

I mapped the Fabia for Trevor, so when you get it on a dyno please let me know what power it makes for my own curiosity :)

If your interested, I have a Red Forge Turbo intake pipe that will go straight onto your car, this really improves the 1.8T in terms of noise & most importantly, power! - I've also got a 312mm front calipers, with nearly new standard road pads & carriers if you want to upgrade the front brakes significantly? - all for sales on here!

Kind Regards.

Hi mate, thank you. I've sent you a PM.

And no problem, will see when there is a dyno day around my area. Will keep you up to date :) feels strong though :D

Ok so I've found a few things that I need to sort before I can move on with the other bits. 

No lights on instrument cluster at all - trying to work out if this is illuminated through the can bus or on the cluster itself.

Power steering light comes on if/when the wheels spin. Resets if you turn car off and back on, only seems to affect steering feel at low speeds - Error 00816 - Power Steering Sensor (G250) Faulty - Intermittent

Engine light sometimes comes on as well when on full chat (but not all the time, only happened 3 or 4 times in about 300ish miles). No power loss at all - errors;

• Error 16487 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) - Signal too High - Intermittent
  • Error 16885 - Vehicle Speed Sensor - Implausible Signal
  • Error 17963 - Charge Pressure - Maximum Limit Exceeded - Intermittent.

ESP light permanently illuminated - Error 18017 - Crash Shut-Down Activated.

Will be working through these as far as I can. Any input welcome :)

Edited by AJ7788

Also the thread is lacking pictures so here's a boxing day special :D

It's the green beast next to what will be my house mates' a2 running a 225 1.8t lump;

20161222_103918_zpsfzhkxzm1.jpg

Edited by AJ7788
  • Like 1

Shot in the dark, but could it be that the Power Steering Sensor isn't connected properly?

Was away from home for a few days so not had a chance to physically check but will hopefully get some time tomorrow  :thumbup:

Hi mate,

The cost effectiveness of a 6 speed box in a 1.8t isn't worth it in my opinion unless you're genuinely going over 145ish mph on the regular. After around the 145mph thats when a 6 speed gearbox has the edge over a 5 speed gear box in a 1.8t. I would recommend a long ratio gearbox from maybe an Audi A4 1.8t as 4th gear is just epic. But it's not completely necessary.

My best mate has a ibiza 1.8t which is literally the same car as what you have just a different shell, which has gone through all kinds of gearboxes also racing another 1.8t cupra ibiza with a short ratio gear box which absolutely left it in 4th gear both running the same power. (240 bhp). So hopefully this helps you! If you have any more questions just pm me

• Like 1

Hi mate,

The cost effectiveness of a 6 speed box in a 1.8t isn't worth it in my opinion unless you're genuinely going over 145ish mph on the regular. After around the 145mph thats when a 6 speed gearbox has the edge over a 5 speed gear box in a 1.8t. I would recommend a long ratio gearbox from maybe an Audi A4 1.8t as 4th gear is just epic. But it's not completely necessary.

My best mate has a ibiza 1.8t which is literally the same car as what you have just a different shell, which has gone through all kinds of gearboxes also racing another 1.8t cupra ibiza with a short ratio gear box which absolutely left it in 4th gear both running the same power. (240 bhp). So hopefully this helps you! If you have any more questions just pm me

That's great, thank you. Appreciate any help and advice :)

I've kind of come to the same conclusion on the 6 speed box, it's more that 5th just isn't a great cruising gear currently. Wasn't the a4 a longitudinal engine?