Felicia cold start

Hi recently my felicia is starting bad when cold, it starts to sputter and sort of misfire that lasts for about a minute dependong how cold it is outside. I think its the choke, i adjusted the automatic choke with the aligning sign on the hoising and the choke pull off is working also

Thats not the same problem as mine... Mine is running very rich at startup for 1 minute and lots of black smoke

That sounds like it's very rich indeed.

Could you stop it after 30s, pull the spark plugs and post a photo?

I will do that on sunday when im not working, how shall i adjust the choke for cold weather? Here its not so cold, it goes to about 10 degrees celcius. Right now its adjusted with a fast idle of 1800 rpm, and it lasts till about 5 minutes, pull off is working, it opens about 4mm i dont know exactly

This is looking more and more like my original suspicion, that the auto choke isn't working correctly.

That was obvious to anyone. So now tell him how to fix the problem.

It uncoils normally as the engine warms up. But i notice that the fast idle remains on a bit too long, it stays on fast idle for about 7 minutes then it will go to normal idle. Also when i leave the engine off for about half an hour, it fast idles again even if the engine isnt cold, for about a minute or so.

i think its the pull off unit, it not opening the choke flap, or if opening, it opens a minimum amount only

That is exactly the role of the pull-down unit. To open the choke flap 2 mm in cold weather.

We're still waiting for Ken O'Neil to share his knowledge and tell you step by step what to do to solve your problem.

Edited by RicardoM

Do you know the clearances there should be in the first stage and second stage of the pull down ? I have seen a video on youtube, he says 2.5mm for first stage and 4.9mm for second stage. But its for a vw golf mk2 with pierburg 2e2 carb(they are almost the same)