Which OEM satnav do you have fitted?

b1ackb1rd

I've got RNS310 (Amundsen) fitted to my 2007 Scout, it reacts to the headlamp switch and sends details of radio stations to the maxidot display, but no navigation details.  

I've tried RNS510 (Columbus) with no integration with maxidot, and the turn by turn navigation wouldn't work as no speed signal got to the unit. 

What have you got, which functions work, and what level (if any) of integration into maxidot do you have? 

I have an Amundsen+ and maxidot.  Both were factory fitted from new.

I get full integration with the maxidot.

At all times when the Amundsen is switched on I get a compass direction in the top left of the display.  I I select navigation on the maxidot when no navigation is in process I get a compass display in the maxidot. During navigation I get directions, distances and times in the maxidot with a countdown display as a junction is approached.

• Like 2

ok ive been following these threads about RN315 and 310 and all the rest of the gubbins but honestly guys whats wrong with hooking up something like this ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VE3NHKC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=QYZ07OVS03VN&coliid=I2IGM95LZNFGJX

would save loads of arguments about CAN versions? 

Also no problems with maxidot i will admit Wince is a bit old but you could go android! 

Edited by bombheads12

ok ive been following these threads about RN315 and 310 and all the rest of the gubbins but honestly guys whats wrong with hooking up something like this ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VE3NHKC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=QYZ07OVS03VN&coliid=I2IGM95LZNFGJX

would save loads of arguments about CAN versions? 

Also no problems with maxidot i will admit Wince is a bit old but you could go android! 

Good points, however I for one won't buy one of these units because of their dreadful quality and residual values. 

When I flog the Roomster I expect to get pretty much all of my outlay on the 310 back - those units go for peanuts on ebay used, if they sell.