MK2 FL VRS springs and Dampers

Dave3283

Hi Damian,

I have a MK2 FL Octaivia VRS 2.0tdi on a 2010 plate, I am looking to replace the dampers and fit lowering springs, I am looking for an OEM+ ride, sharpen the handling a little and lower slightly.

I don't have a huge budget around £350 so I have been looking at Bilstien B4 Dampers and Eibach Pro Springs, which appears to fit my requirements and budget reading on this and other VAG forums.

I have a few questions.

What is the difference between B4 dampers and B4 Sport Dampers?

Would I need 50mm or 55mm front shocks?

I have seen 30mm Eibach pro springs for sale however your website only shows 20mm for the VRS, is 30MM available ?

I understand that most manufacturers advertise the drop against a standard Octavia so I assume the 20MM is only a 5 MM drop on VRS or is 20mm the drop on a VRS?

Is there a different setup you would recommend bearing in mind my requirements and budget? 

Cheers Dave.

• Sponsor

Afternoon,

Thank you for your post.

- The Sport variant have shortened pistons, these are the ones you need

- 55mm

- No not for the VRS model, just 20mm

- The 20mm is quoted from VRS height so you'd see the full 20mm

- From what you've said and with your budget I'd say what you're looking at will be your best option

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thank you for your quick response and clarifying, I was a little confused with the spring drop as everything I have read advises that the measurement is against standard Octivia so minus 15mm for VRS.

Excellent , Bilstein B4 sport and 20MM Eibach Pro springs it is then.

I will be placing an order within the next week or so.

Thanks again.

Dave.

• Like 1