Water/humdity problems

Dagur

Hi

I bought a Rapid this summer and I've noticed that on humid or rainy days, everything fogs up inside the car when I start it. The problem seems to be bigger though. It's been very rainy and windy in the past 24 hours and I can see water all over my floor mats and the armsrests on 3 of 4 doors have water on them.

So I was wondering, is there a known problem with "water tightness" of the rapid? Should I contact the dealership about this (I still have a warranty)?

Thanks

as with the seat Toledo, its a known problem, the slits in the bottom of the door seal clog up with wax take it to your dealer who should rectify it.

also, do a search on this forum for more information.

We had a unusually very wet last few months here and our Rapid remained dry as usual.

Ask the dealership to check. There was a recall for doors not draining...this may be your issue.

Known problem and previously discussed at length on here. A search will bring up the threads from about 18 months/two years ago.

Best solution is to keep a dehumidifier bag on the rear parcel shelf. In fact, get two so you have a dry one to put in while you dry out the first one.

I use and recommend two of these: ThoMar Air Dry 604000 Car Dehumidifier https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000XUPEJY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7mTyyb38Y6A12

This one is a bit cheaper, but not as good:

Thomar AirDry 604100 Car Dehumidifier Set https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K690W9Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kmTyyb01V39T4

Known problem and previously discussed at length on here. A search will bring up the threads from about 18 months/two years ago.

Best solution is to keep a dehumidifier bag on the rear parcel shelf. In fact, get two so you have a dry one to put in while you dry out the first one.

I use and recommend two of these: ThoMar Air Dry 604000 Car Dehumidifier https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000XUPEJY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7mTyyb38Y6A12

This one is a bit cheaper, but not as good:

Thomar AirDry 604100 Car Dehumidifier Set https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K690W9Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kmTyyb01V39T4

I wasn't sure that the problems were related

Are you guys OK with having to buy products to dehumidify a new car? Also, since this problem has been there for some years, why hasn't this been fixed?

Surely this will cause problems down the line, especially for me since I live in Iceland

The mod to the bottom door seals seems to be enough for my 2014 Toledo.  I haven't yet had to dehumidify the interior.

Using A/C does defog the screen pretty quickly after starting, however it works better if the car is moving and improving the throughflow.

Edited by camelspyyder

A/C all the way - I never use the heating without A/C or it will fog pretty quick regardless of the weather outside. The cabin is quite airtight when using recirc and I take it as a good thing.

Mine was thick with frost this morning and car stood for three days. It's also stood in heavy rain for days. Never a problem with damp/misting of the interior.

Always use AC on auto except when a quick clear of the screen is required.

Do check those drain points in all door bottoms, they could hold water hence the moisture.