Audi A4 B7

JLawson90

So, after gearbox went bang on my little fabia, my mrs father let me use his 1.9 TDI so I wasn't without a car for work etc, as he barely uses it .. long story short, he let me have it off him for £1500, fair price id say!

it's going to be a slow moving project.. as you can imagine buying the car, then the extra £650 insurance, then the £185 tax has drained my funds!

the plans are as follows;

- 18" or 19" alloys

- Lowered slightly, depending on how the new wheels make it sit

- 'decat' .. most likely just knocking out the internals so it still appears normal for MOT time

- EGR valve blank/delete, if possible.. apparently its the funny shaped electronically controlled one so may not be possible.

- HID headlights
- Smoked LED tail lights
- LED sidelights, plate lights, interior lights etc
- Cupra R front splitter

- Small boot lip spoiler

- Headlight eyebrows .. maybe?? havent quite decided if this would lok abit tacky or not

- Full debadged front grill, similar to widemouth on the fabia mk1 vrs, i want to remove the full lot, including the licence plate to the side, then fill it with honeycomb mesh

As well as all the obvious maintenace jobs.. anyway, here it is

15750201_10154081121175671_2050071874_n.

That's a lot of money to spend on a car worth £1,500!

It will sit the same on 18" or 19" wheels as it does now, provided the correct tyres are fitted as the existing and replacement tyres will all have very lose to the same overall diameter.

That's a lot of money to spend on a car worth £1,500!

It will sit the same on 18" or 19" wheels as it does now, provided the correct tyres are fitted as the existing and replacement tyres will all have very lose to the same overall diameter.

just cos i got it for that doesnt mean thats what its worth, he's gave me a fairly heafty family discount going off the prices of them elsewhere..

what i mean is, if the arch gap looks too much and it looks too high once the wheels are on, i'll lower it a bit.. i understand about the tyres and sizes to make it the correct diameter.. thanks though!

what i mean is, if the arch gap looks too much and it looks too high once the wheels are on, i'll lower it a bit.. i understand about the tyres and sizes to make it the correct diameter.. thanks though!

What I meant was that even if you change the wheels/tyres the arch gap will be the same.

i know mate i know.. but right now that arch gap looks fine, however im sure with nice 18s (currently on 16s) for example, while the arch gap will still be technically the same, it wont look as suited so will probably need dropped slightly .. im probably wording it badly, but i know what i mean lol

just a few maintenance jobs over the last few days.. new wipers & a new cabin filter..

while i was there though i checked out the EGR, it was so built up inside, im surprised the car still ran! .. but i gave it a good clean out, and since these BKE engines have a strange set up and cant readily buy deletes, i knocked up some card templates which ill get made up asap

IMG_20170108_160123_zpszlyr5a91.jpg

IMG_20170108_155059_zpsv1wo6je5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

not much progress this week.. although I've stock piled a few things which I intend to get done this weekend, which are.. oil and filter change, alternator pulley bearing, RS4 style debadged honeycomb grill & Cupra R splitter

for now I just gave it a good clean though! It's booked in for a full detailing on the 8th of Feb with my mate who runs his own business

IMG_20170125_143428_zpslqlxjpli.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

decat fitted and remapped. I'm happy with those numbers, not sure what else I could do for more power without spending big money, so it will probably just be cosmetics and handling from now on.. I have ordered a powerflex snub mount, heard they make an unbelievable difference putting the power down ..

IMG_20170215_170521_zps9ie4zt2s.jpg

• 4 weeks later...