VRS 4X4 Haldex/ transmission noise?!

1 minute ago, thomas5265 said:

Errr, well the car had a faulty diff which was replaced. 

Ahh so the original diff was faulty and replaced. However it still made a noise  (to an extent) but this is normal.  Wow....I know its stating the obvious but what **** load of hassle! 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Noise is back, after now covering 20000 miles. It's now clearly noticeable when accelerating between 30-40, accelerating between 60-70 and decelerating from 40-30.

God knows! I've arrange a test drive with the technician at DM Keith Wakefield on Thursday. 

If it doesn't get fixed this time, i'm afraid the car will be getting sold and it will probably be my last SKODA! I'll lose a large chunk of cash but it's driving me mad.

we've booked to drive to Portugal next year and I can't imagine driving all that way with this issue!

• 3 months later...

Resurrection - traded in my Octavia VRS 4x4 over the weekend for a brand new one, same - VRS 4x4. This car makes EXACTLY the same noises that the last one did, whines when accelerating from 65-75 and at other speeds in between. 

My older front wheel drive VRS was silent!

presumably it’s unheard of to buy two faulty cars in the space of 18 months (one being brand new).

I’m presuming it’s a characteristic of the car!