Alloy wheel options

Skodiaq

Hi all, have ordered a 2.0 TDi 150 Edition DSG on PCH from Fleetprices, car is due in May. Have gone for Quartz Grey with black leather interior, no options.

What I can't find any info on are the different styles of alloy wheels on the press launch cars. The standard wheels on the Edition model are Triglav (below) which I'm not a huge fan of.

7bdfc63421da4f17787f6430eb207bda_orig.jp

There are 2 styles that appear on launch pics that aren't on the configurator so I am guessing they will be accessory options. It's my first Skoda so not familiar with extras, do Skoda normally only sell these through dealers?

The wheels are mostly painted with machined faces. One set look like a 20 inch version of the Superb Sportline Vega wheel. The other is like an elongated Alfa telephone dial style.

KRR65ad62_SkodaKodiaqtrailer.jpg

kodiaq-premiere-04.jpg

Sadly for final production Skoda is using 19" rims for the Vega (edit: and Crater) rims. You can easily see the "235/50/R19" on the front tyre

30927026206_ae5707577b_h.jpg

Edited by ZacDaMan72

Sadly for final production Skoda is using 19" rims for the Vega (edit: and Crater) rims. You can easily see the "235/50/R19" on the front tyre

Thanks ZacDaMan72. Are you sure they're Vega? They look like a painted and machined version of the Triglav... which look better than the plain Triglav, I'd be happy with those.

The ones I am talking about are these. They look exactly like the Superb Vega wheel, I've lightened up this shot and you can see the tyre size is 235/45 R20

skoda_kodiaq_049_edit.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

For Skoda vehicles being sold in the UK you are best to ask at a Skoda UK Dealership, then confirm what you are told by asking in writing Skoda UK Customer Services, 

then you wait and when a vehicle gets delivered is the first you will know for sure.

No point looking at Press Releases, Media Articles or what other countries get as standard, no cost or cost options and that includes what they get in the Irish Republic.

Thanks ZacDaMan72. Are you sure they're Vega? They look like a painted and machined version of the Triglav... which look better than the plain Triglav, I'd be happy with those.

The ones I am talking about are these. They look exactly like the Superb Vega wheel, I've lightened up this shot and you can see the tyre size is 235/45 R20

Interesting, they may not be the Vega rims. I thought they were the Vega rims because the rims were painted which doesn't show up in any configurator. When they're painted they look very similar. I'm certain you will be able to order them in from the dealer though. I too would be fine with those rims but I'll still be ordering with the Sirius Anthracite rims.

14478465_199610860494710_592558242054694

15099480_1596673697086800_65408737617201

By the time any paying customer gets a new car delivered the Press / Media & 'Management' cars alloys should be showing if fit for purpose for use on European Roads in winter.

Then Skoda CZ can check them closely and know those that are made of chocolate and are not even good for changing tyres on without getting damaged.

'Simply Clever'.

Then there will be no reason when there is 'white spider' corrosion to blame Driver Error.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

The thing with those that show lots of discs is how the car looks when the discs are showing cosmetic corrosion (Rust) and a rusty outer edge / lip.

Maybe Skoda have sourced better quality discs for the Kodiaq though so not going to be an issue.

The thing with those that show lots of discs is how the car looks when the discs are showing cosmetic corrosion (Rust) and a rusty outer edge / lip.

Maybe Skoda have sourced better quality discs for the Kodiaq though so not going to be an issue.

Yes, it seems to be a fact of life nowadays. My old Superb hasn't turned a wheel since Christmas Eve and is looking particularly sad (rusty) in the disc department right now.

Must take it out and polish the brakes up in the near future.

Has anybody noticed that Triglav from the left side looks opposite to the right ones?

12.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

It's a "directional" style of wheel, but they've chosen to make it only in one style. There's no LHS and RHS.

So one side looks "clockwise" and the other side looks "anti-clockwise".

It's a "directional" style of wheel, but they've chosen to make it only in one style. There's no LHS and RHS.

So one side looks "clockwise" and the other side looks "anti-clockwise".

I think VAG have a few styles like this.... The Scirocco Turbine alloys spring to mind as looking like they are going backwards on one side of the car.

I fear that in the UK the launch wheels are just a single colour 19" alloy. Plain Sirius and plain Triglav even on the top spec 'Edition'. No option for Sirius Anthracite or Triglav Anthracite and no 20" options at all.

Quite disappointing!

I have asked the dealer to contact Skoda head office to see if I can get better looking wheels on the 'Edition' I'm about to order.

• Like 1

Completely anthracite would be my choice and work well with black roof rails.  Anyone know CB, PCD and offset yet? My current VAG wheels might fit (and the tyres will) if I make the leap.

Edited by Jeeves

The brochure is quite naughty! I'm 99% certain these are the wheels (Triglav) on the Edition and a free option on the SEL (no anthracite in sight):

kodiaq-tile-06.jpg

14.jpg

NOT these unfortunately:

2017_skoda_kodiaq_04.jpg

Thabks FoxT will be extremely peeved if you're right because there's a massive difference. And can't think why they would even do that, surely almost everyone would want the anthracite/polished version.

Dr you make an interesting comment there, you say "Anthracite/Polished", my dealer has confirmed back that they are "Polished" not Anthracite so my hopes are raised but I've searched and searched and can't determine if the "Polished" ones are darker inside.

Edited by FoxTC

I have found the hi-res image of the white one in the brochure, I don't think these are even Triglav wheels as the design is different and note that they are 20" which isn't even an option!

Ko_006.jpg

Worst case I'm hoping these are the "Polished" 19" Tiglav wheels with dark inside (note the different design to above):

trig1.png

This is the wheel I'm worried we will get (which people will be VERY peeved about):

trig2.png

I can't do much more research and the UK dealers seem pretty clueless as to exactly what the wheels will look like!

I'm ordering mine this weekend, hoping the wheels don't look crap when I get the car in April!

Edited by FoxTC

Dr you make an interesting comment there, you say "Anthracite/Polished", my dealer has confirmed back that they are "Polished" not Anthracite so my hopes are raised but I've searched and searched and can't determine if the "Polished" ones are darker inside.

I have found the hi-res image of the white one in the brochure, I don't think these are even Triglav wheels as the design is different and note that they are 20" which isn't even an option!

Ko_006.jpg

Worst case I'm hoping these are the "Polished" 19" Tiglav wheels with dark inside (note the different design to above):

trig1.png

This is the wheel I'm worried we will get (which people will be VERY peeved about):

trig2.png

I can't do much more research and the UK dealers seem pretty clueless as to exactly what the wheels will look like!

I'm ordering mine this weekend, hoping the wheels don't look crap when I get the car in April!

The top two are the anthracite and the bottom one is polished.