Alloy wheel options

Skodiaq

3 minutes ago, Odin1123 said:

Given it's a new car I doubt if any tyre swapping took place. All the 19" wheels fit the same tyre size. The car I test drove had Pirelli's but the new car when delivered had Hankook's.

Do you now? Forgive me but I don’t remember you being there at the time.

The tyres were swapped off the Triglavs that shipped with the car. If they hadn’t been I’d be driving around on bare Vega rims, cos that’s how I imported them . . . But of course I bow to your greater knowledge !

1 hour ago, AndyH_NZ said:

Do you now? Forgive me but I don’t remember you being there at the time.

The tyres were swapped off the Triglavs that shipped with the car. If they hadn’t been I’d be driving around on bare Vega rims, cos that’s how I imported them . . . But of course I bow to your greater knowledge !

Given that we are in different countries. There may well be different procedures. Cars for Scotland are sent from the factory n the Czech republic to the port of Emden, then on a RoRo ferry to Newcastle, then to Scotland. They roll off the assembly line complete and are shipped. There is a tracking process that allows the dealer to see the cars status and location. The factory runs visitor trips round the assembly plant so that people can see what's going on.

5 hours ago, Odin1123 said:

Went for Sirius (no cost option) wheels on my SEL. Even the dealer thought they were better looking than the Triglav (default design). In the end it all comes down to personal opinion.

Errr... the Sirius is the standard wheel for the SE L, and no-cost option on the Edition. The Triglav is the no-cost option on the SE L, but standard on the Edition.

Doesn't make much difference - you have the same choice, but what comes by default if you make no choice is Sirius on the SE L and Triglav on the Edition.

That is certainly true now but when I ordered mine it was the other way round. Just like there are two blues now, Petrol and Energy where there was only one. Skoda can just change the spec very quickly in these days of electronic ordering. I expect it depends on what stocks they want to move and unbelievably they might even be listening to Customer Feedback.

10 hours ago, Odin1123 said:

Given that we are in different countries. There may well be different procedures. Cars for Scotland are sent from the factory n the Czech republic to the port of Emden, then on a RoRo ferry to Newcastle, then to Scotland. They roll off the assembly line complete and are shipped. There is a tracking process that allows the dealer to see the cars status and location. The factory runs visitor trips round the assembly plant so that people can see what's going on.

Still don't get it?

Andy bought the Vega rims without tyres and before delivery, his dealership took the tyres off the Triglav rims and put them on the Vegas. The rims were then swapped... 19" Vegas are not available on the Kodiaq so he obviously bought them elsewhere.

So to answer @peetau's question, 235/50/R19.

Edited by ZacDaMan72

16 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Liking the anthracite 19" Crater alloys that come on the UK Scout...

Yeah, they're very nice... much like my Octy vRS wheels, which is probably why I like them.

I'd have gone for a Scout, but it's 4x4 styling over toys and gadgets (just like the Sportline is sports styling - on a big SUV? - over toys and gadgets). As I will be sat in the car most of the time, I'd rather make my life nicer than make people looking at it/me think 'oooh'. But then I'm just an old fart who couldn't care less about what the world thinks anymore :-)

• Like 2

The Scout does at least get a little extra offroad 'function over form' with the additional underbody protection (rough road package).

An extra £2,265 (list) over the SE L is a big chunk of cash though for what appears to be the extra protection, faux silver trim, silver roof rails and unique interior / seats, off-road mode and of course the Crater alloys.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 12:55, ZacDaMan72 said:

Still don't get it?

Andy bought the Vega rims without tyres and before delivery, his dealership took the tyres off the Triglav rims and put them on the Vegas. The rims were then swapped... 19" Vegas are not available on the Kodiaq so he obviously bought them elsewhere.

So to answer @peetau's question, 235/50/R19.

Done with the same spec.

07022018AWS 006.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that the Crater wheels look good - so good that I bought a set of Matt Black Craters, and had them fitted to the Black Edition that was delivered yesterday (photos will be posted when the weather improves). Now all I need is a buyer for a set of 19" Sirius alloys going cheap...

• Like 1

I was about to type "there is a Kodiaq Black Edition!?".

Then I realised it's an Edition in black :D

I've seen them on eBay for £207 each at Horton Skoda...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-ALLOY-WHEEL-19-CRATER-IN-ANTHRACITE-57A071499-HA7/152899646431?epid=24012770583&hash=item23998773df:g:pHsAAOSweLBaVPEj

Edited by silver1011

Visited my local dealer to have a closer look at the Kodiaq. If I went for an SEL I would need to change the wheels as IMHO the Crater wheels are more stylish than the Triglav or Sirius. Whilst talking to the sales guy he told me some Vega's had just come in...£650 PER CORNER...tyre included :o