Spark plugs of 1.6 mpi engine

I own a 1.6 mpi rapid and i wanted to know the durability of stock spark plugs and when should i change them and what is the number part of NGK plug to fit my car and should i use platinum or iridium plugs ?

If your engine has the code CFNA then the parts book states the plugs are Bosch F7HER02.

For the CWVA engine however, the parts book only offers the VW part number of 04C 905 616A, albeit it does say again they are Bosch plugs.

In the UK the plugs on the petrol engines are normally changed between 20,000 and 40,000 miles depending on model.

TP

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that the engine sold in Egypt is the old EA111 one (the CFNA) with 77 kW (105 PS) of power.

This engine accepts either one of the following spark plugs:

• BOSCH F7HER02, part number 101 905 601 F with spacing of 1.0 to 1.1 mm.
  • NGK ZFR6T-11G, part number 101 905 617 C with spacing of 0.9 to 1.1 mm.

EDIT

They are replaced every 4 years or 60000 km, whichever comes first. They are tightened with 25 Nm of torque.

Edited by eyegr
  • Like 2