Kodiaq tyre sizes

richwat

Hi Folks

I'm thinking of buying a Kodiaq SE, but can anyone tell me the tyre size on the 18 inch Elbrus wheels?

The configurator gives a tyre size of 205/55 R16 94W, which is clearly wrong.

My current Scout TSI has 55 ratio tyres which are fine on good tarmac, but give a hard ride on the rough rural roads around here.

In contrast, my winter tyres are 60 profile, and give a much more comfortable ride, so I'd be keen to use a 60 profile tyre if possible.

Also, does anybody know if it's possible to order a Skoda with smaller-than-standard wheels.

ie could I order a Kodiaq SE [which comes with 18 inch wheels] with the 17 inch wheels on the Kodiaq S

........although I wonder if the 65 profile tyres on the Kodiaq S would noticeably affect handling

Thanks for your opinion

The tyres i see for the 17" rims are given as being 215/65 R 17 which is not wide but will be comfortable.  (i have 215/60 R 16 on my Alhambra with Comfort Suspension, lush)

The Tyres / Wheels that are suitable for use with chains on a Kodiaq showing as 235/55 R 18 which will be pretty good i would expect.

I've seen that the tyre size for  18" rims on the Kodiaq, are 235/55 18,   would anyone know if the following size on 17" rims would work out, as my winter set of alloys.

Callisto Alloys, 7.5j x 17, ET49,   5x112,  tyre size 215/55/17.

as I've these wheels and tyres on my current Superb combi, and if possible would just like to transfer them to a Kodiaq,  saving the need to find a buyer for them , and ordering a new set.

Thanks for any help.