Big Dog, Small Car - thanks to a variable boot floor & a dog guard

I'm looking after a rather large dog at the moment, and it was a bit of a squeeze getting him into the back seat of the car (I have a 3-door), so I finally got around to purchasing a variable boot floor. The local VW garage wanted an obscene amount so I got it from a breaker's yard via eBay instead - a bargain at £45 including postage and all fittings. It took around 7 minutes to fit, and I didn't even buy the fancy screwdriver bit, just used a large enough flathead.

The dog bars are pretty cheap, and they're on a couple of blocks of wood on the rear footwells as they're intended to be fitted from boot floor to roof of course, and I've chucked two cheap boot liners in there (one of which is attached to the dog bars). Large rescue dog is perfectly happy in there as you can see, and jumps up and down into the boot very happily.

Who says you need a big car to carry big dogs eh?

Citigo with variable boot floor, plus dog bars

Big Dog in Boot

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully I've only got a small dog who loves going in the boot of my current car (RAV4) for a snooze and watching the world go by whilst I'm giving it a good detail/clean. No doubt she will be more than happy when she gets to try out the Citigo boot when we pick the car up this weekend. :happy:

• Like 1