Is this a good deal?

Miller73

Hi there. My Fabia is approaching its 3rd birthday soon and whilst it has never let me down I'm looking for something smaller and cheaper to run.

I am considering a Citigo, a dealer near me is offering a brand new 3dr Colour Edition for £8600 and a £500 fuel card, so effectively £8100 all in. On PCP with a £100 deposit it would work out at £117 a month over 41 months with a final optional payment of £3700. Would you consider this a good deal? The only downside I can see is that it would have to be registered by the end of this month, thereby missing out on the 17 reg by a month.

Edited by Miller73

• Administrators

It's a good deal if you want to go down the PCP route. 

I tried my cash/finance dealer offer and it's more, so not bad at all ;) I'm going to ask them for more now :)

The citigo, mine at least, has been very cheap to run. More so with the £0 VED and low insurance group. It's got enough puff to get around town and enough puff to overtake most things on open A roads that are actually holding me up, i.e. anyone doing 40 or less.

It's a good deal if you want to go down the PCP route. 

I tried my cash/finance dealer offer and it's more, so not bad at all ;) I'm going to ask them for more now :)

The citigo, mine at least, has been very cheap to run. More so with the £0 VED and low insurance group. It's got enough puff to get around town and enough puff to overtake most things on open A roads that are actually holding me up, i.e. anyone doing 40 or less.

Thanks for the quick reply. I do mainly town driving so not concerned about speed very much (its about as fast as my current Fabia anyway). Worked out I would be saving at least £30 a month on petrol/tax so effectively I would only be paying £87 a month for it as opposed to keeping my current car which would have no warranty left either. Looking like a no brainer.....

• Administrators

Also pretty invisible around town too. I've somehow left mine open a few times and it's been fine... more luck than anything. Although a friend left a hirecar door wideopen in spain, we went off into the hills for the day and it was fine too, that was beyond lucky.

Is there anything specific on the colour edition that took your fancy?

The stop start greentec's if you have a lot of stop start might be another option to maximize savings...

Also pretty invisible around town too. I've somehow left mine open a few times and it's been fine... more luck than anything. Although a friend left a hirecar door wideopen in spain, we went off into the hills for the day and it was fine too, that was beyond lucky.

Is there anything specific on the colour edition that took your fancy?

The stop start greentec's if you have a lot of stop start might be another option to maximize savings...

I like the white and contrasting black wheels, plus it has a decent-ish spec for the price. The bluetooth will come in handy as I don't have it on my Fabia and the mobile phone link (although from reading the forum it still needs sorting out properly by Skoda).

Sounds good to me. The Mrs got her colour edition in September on PCP. She paid £123 deposit and £120 a month for 42 months with a final optional payment of something like £3600. She also got the £500 fuel card (It's just a prepaid MasterCard that you can use to make any purchases in shops or online and not specifically for fuel) which she used to buy herself a new iPhone. :)

She wanted a black car which they had one of in stock..... Just happened to be what looks like a dealer special order showroom car with upgraded seats, leather pack and gloss white dashboard all for free too. :D

Edited by WaveyDavey

• 2 weeks later...

Well picked it up this morning and quite impressed. Handles much better than the Fabia I had, performance is fine (for me anyway). Only real gripes are lack of variable intermittent wipe and no mirror in the drivers sun visor. Manual door mirror adjustment as well but I actually prefer that to electric ones. Done 50 miles at mostly 70 mph and reading just under 50mpg, about 15mpg more than my Fabia would have managed.

Future mods: None lol....

Edited by Miller73
  • Like 2

Well picked it up this morning and quite impressed. Handles much better than the Fabia I had, performance is fine (for me anyway). Only real gripes are lack of variable intermittent wipe and no mirror in the drivers sun visor. Manual door mirror adjustment as well but I actually prefer that to electric ones. Done 50 miles at mostly 70 mph and reading just under 50mpg, about 15mpg more than my Fabia would have managed.

Future mods: None lol....

Enjoy...  :)