Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

The SEL in the showroom had them but the car I drove (a 16 plate S) also didn't have them. I'll check when I see the car next! Maybe it does have them? Could have sworn it didn't though, then again I've seen so many maybe it did have them and I don't remember.

So today was a tad more stressful than expected, for some reason the finance hadn't gone through at 3:30pm while I was unable to answer the phone. I didn't see the missed call so went there to be told I may not be able to have the car today! Fortunately within half an hour it had gone though thank god! I went to parts in the meantime and collected all the stuff I had ordered and came back. The handover took ages, a lot of paperwork wasn't ready and then I was told the PID had gone missing and there wasn't another one around. Also on walkabout were any key rings as there wasn't any in so the keys are loose ATM, I'll dig out a keyring in a bit. Have just got home in it now and am happy to report it all went well there although minus the expected nav unit which won't be in until Thursday. I took a few pics of it outside the dealers but photobucket is slow for maintenance and I can't post them. Tomorrow will be picture day and getting it cleaned and all the accessories fitted wether permitting!

I'll try and get some photos up later tonight but Photobucket isn't playing ball!

Friday 13th for you eh?? ;)

• Like 2

Thanks, the car is the one on the first post just had the stickers removed and plates on it now, hasn't been cleaned as per request so I am happy. The only issue is lack of PID but I don't mind waiting for that to come in Thursday.

Still can't post a new pic! Bloody Photobucket!

I'm waiting the arrival of Robshaw, " Are you ................."

It's part of Briskoda folklore, the missing word being 'cute' :)

Edited by Brimma

• Administrators

No key rings,no PID,paperwork not ready I would call that poor customer service hope it didn't spoil the day for you.

Indeed, also make sure you take pictures of your dash and anywhere they might touch to change parts, this is to make sure nothing is damaged. Can never be to careful. I'd certainly be trying to get someone off when I go back!

It's part of Briskoda folklore, the missing word being 'cute' :)

Still lost me sorry, I'm a bit thick :)

Also whoever said it should have parcel shelf strings was right, it does have them, must just have been the one I drove that didn't have them, I got confused!

Well, the whole handover was a bit shoddy tbh but I'm not fussed about that sort of stuff really. I nicked the cover for the PID mount from another car and they won't be touching anything. Will be sorted Thursday which isn't that far out of the way and tbf I was quite insistent I wanted it yesterday as the Punto's MoT runs out next week and I wanted chance to prepare it properly. If I had more time I wouldn't have rushed it and made sure the car was 100%. Also I arrived late in the afternoon on a Friday which slows it all down.

Anyway, another annoyance is the lack of parts arriving today!! No bulbs have arrived even though they should have come on Thursday but I do have the gel plates and all the main dealer bits I ordered ready to fit.

So this morning here is how the car looked

E7693E50-6481-4035-80FF-56838ACAE4D9_zps

These mahoosive stoppers will be going red ;)

FE6AD4A0-8C04-41B0-B112-254D38F8578E_zps

And the drums black

2F45E67F-8FAF-4138-8719-A2FC1EC6A2D8_zps

I have to say the cheap wheel bolt caps are horrible and the tool to remove them is a joke! I do miss the chrome bolts from the Volvo now, might look into doing something about those

3DD19EDE-7A3C-4C6F-8950-342D79EAA5CE_zps

7ABC40F3-4706-48FA-B010-57FA8004A87B_zps

Not bad as it now has 34 miles on the clock :)

8C1775DA-5F95-4FE2-8021-F206AB81CA02_zps

Up in the air it goes

4CA941E2-C448-4487-BB75-F98F235A0100_zps

Welcome to Anglesey!! ;)

D6A08A54-92F5-421C-B93A-E71BD8CE2753_zps

Got the snow foam out, Dodo Juice Apple iFoam and whipped off the cheap dealer plates I asked them not to fit and soaked the leftover stickies in CarPro Tar-X applied with make up application pads and pressed them on. Give it 10 mins and pull them off, always works a treat :)

AEE62FC3-D796-4F9B-9254-FE89BBFFEE83_zps

Under the arches

6AC22D10-1AF1-4454-AE92-BF316269BA55_zps

And all over the wheels

113A5ED1-3971-4BC6-A527-F42930CA6E1B_zps

After that the car was rinsed and then washed with 2 buckets and GTechniq G Wash shampoo. The car was rinsed again and left to dry. I had a break for lunch and a panad then got the heat gun out and cleaned and prepped the brakes for paint

21253B21-7906-4EF4-BAC5-CF4B61122AE6_zps

While the paint was drying I went to fit the variable boot floor

0320E45E-2358-463B-903C-9735BDEAA860_zps

Very easy to do

3DDFE1F4-6434-467D-ADA9-4C73AF91E09E_zps

And floor in

D0A08ACB-9458-4D65-8A54-81569D64F735_zps

Will be better with the carpet all round. Whilst fitting all the accessories I managed to coat the car with a layer of Auto Finesse Tripple during the course of the day

Time to take a brave pill and fit the mudflaps

FE0EEAB4-7535-4957-8A95-11C472AB948C_zps

These are the ones I'm worried about

965BF72B-8A26-434E-8665-E0C92DA13DBC_zps

Cut the template and tape it in place

EBE642F7-E297-4239-B170-8F00897231DF_zps

This wasn't frightening at all!!

AA53519E-7AC8-4E1D-8DD8-CCC62CB85EB8_zps

Both rear flaps fitted

A3F44DF4-5535-41CF-866F-F05FD56C06B1_zps

Brake calliper red and front flap fitted and reattached with the original fixings

6330DC6F-66D3-4BA3-96DA-723728442D71_zps

Front and rear done

339D817D-0FCD-4B6C-B983-6C4E2075ED2B_zps

I took the mats in the house as it was going dark and vacuumed them then coated with GTechniq I1 Fabric Guard and let them gas out

B152CA34-F80C-459C-A41D-BD46E1B5A1D1_zps

They are now under my bed until the weather improves haha. I do like the leather binding and red stitching on them

2B55D936-BD79-48BC-A8B3-C71CE0FFBC6E_zps

Finally got these sealed with GTechniq C2V3 and the sticky pads applied ready for tomorrow

DCF60D9D-38A9-445E-8D2B-7C8A4CFFC7DA_zps

Tomorrow the wheels need sealing up with CarPro CQuartz UK and refitting, the paint needs sealing with something, not sure what and the rubber mats need installing. Once that's done, put the plates on and take it work Monday morning!! And breathe...

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 4

Thanks, sad thing is I won't be seeing them again for a few months lol, rubber ones are even heavier than the ones in my Volvo were. Forgot to mention I also had to do some chassis touch ups as there was a few rusty patches showing already! Nothing the paint couldn't hide though.

It was a good drive too on the way home, much nicer than the Punto even with the farty sounding 3 cylinder roar haha, miss my 5 cylinder roar still but it's all in the past now, don't miss the bills!!

More tomorrow :D

So sorry to be a pain but where was the rusty patches? how bad where they?

Yeah I'd also like to know where you found the rusty spots.

Also if you could tell me where you got your variable boot floor from that would be great as I can't find one on eBay yet..

Edited by Jonny118118

Around the welds on the rear beam, some surface pitting on the drums and callipers, some staining around the track rod ends, hub ends etc etc, lots of stuff they either don't paint at all or don't paint very well.

This is why I painted the callipers, didn't have to paint them red but why not haha, drums went black due to black wheels. Have seen 3-4 month old cars with rusty brakes and it's my pet hate!!

Boot floor came from the dealer, wasn't cheap but I wanted it and it was convenient :)

Edited by SashaGrace

Looks great!  Love the mats!  Whats it look with the brakes red?  Im thinking of going black so they "disappear" .

Missed the second half of this earlier, if you want a stealth look then I agree black is the way to go, also the calliper carrier is already black so only the calliper itself to paint which will be easier than the red. I fancied red because it matches the seats and tbh I haven't painted brake callipers red since my first car when I was 17 and it seemed ironic to do it on such a puny car as a Citigo so I did it, can always go black if I don't like them. I've always done them in silver before, makes them stand out in a nice OEM way, here's how my Volvo ended up

IMG_4982_zpsb6zj66em.jpg

Admittedly thats a rear wheel but you get the idea. It looks so much nicer than rusty brake callipers, massive pet hate!

The car is still in the air so pics of the brakes behind the wheels will come tomorrow when I refit the wheels. Then it'll look like a car again lol :D

• Like 2

Tomorrow the wheels need sealing up with CarPro CQuartz UK and refitting, the paint needs sealing with something, not sure what.

CQuartz UK + Reload would be the obvious choice, assuming you that have enough left. I was quite satisfied with the level of protection provided by CQuartz UK on our Leon, at least for the 30 months that we owned it.

I will be applying CQuartz UK to our Citigo when the weather picks up a bit. I doubt that there will be enough left over to cover Mrs Ronime's 3 series so I am planning to used Nanolex Si3D for that.

• Like 1

CQuartz UK + Reload would be the obvious choice, assuming you that have enough left. I was quite satisfied with the level of protection provided by CQuartz UK on our Leon, at least for the 30 months that we owned it.

I will be applying CQuartz UK to our Citigo when the weather picks up a bit. I doubt that there will be enough left over to cover Mrs Ronime's 3 series so I am planning to used Nanolex Si3D for that.

Yeah I don't think I'll have enough left to do the rest of the car tbh and also DLUX would be better on the wheels ideally, will probably hit it with a good coat of wax for now and research a bit more, try find something I haven't used before.

Ive gone for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWkkLdRo_0 

Its called fireball.

I've heard of fireball, from what I see it looks good, let us know how you get on with it!!

• Like 1