Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

Looking good there Sasha. A lot of work done in the first full day of ownership!!!!! :)

How much did the variable boot floor come to in total? Keep toying with this for ours.

Ours being a black colour edition I'm going to be painting the calipers and drums in black once the warmer weather gets here in spring.

• Like 1

Thanks, Skoda maths is worse than my maths; the variable floor is a £65 extra when you order the car but if you buy it after the order has gone through it's £122, £99 for the floor and £11.50 odd each for the side panels and bolts (which are 13mm BTW). What a rip off!! I know I could have got a cheaper one from somewhere else but I wanted it now so the next day parts delivery was worth the extra cost for me.

So today I rolled the wheels in the house (won't be able to do that again!) and begun coating in CQUK and then left them for an hour

BA3ECBED-00F4-4A4B-83CF-199118630F85_zps

I went back out to remove the glue from the Velcro tabs on the back

EB9AA5AE-08C0-456B-B1C9-FCEAD3CC7766_zps

I wish they hadn't drilled the bumpers!

B87FB280-3E44-4E72-965A-F70BBF3C638B_zps

Next I decided to apply my chosen LSP. I have decided I want to have a ceramic on so am looking to go for either an old favorite, Gyeon Q2 MOHS or a new one on me, ArtDeShine Illusion Pro. Either way I haven't made my mind up and haven't got either so for now, time to break out one from the wax collection

38B3BCAC-9F0C-48DC-A38C-042F1C182CBE_zps

Auto Finesse Desire will do nicely ;)

Checked my painting skills out quickly!

2B18A5A5-519D-4B1F-B079-879B1484C6AF_zps

C9FAE3DA-8C43-462E-918B-244B443592FE_zps

Not bad haha

After buffing the wax we have

667ED9E8-350F-46F4-A3F5-7927C845DA29_zps

After an hour or so I went back inside to finish the wheels, coated the CQUK in GTechniq C2V3 as I ran out of Reload. Tyres dressed with Auto Finesse Satin

D48123B0-C7C0-43D1-9B45-5234378E769F_zps

Decided to fit the boot mat at this stage

06968807-0EA4-4BCE-8D81-3FABBF3FBB50_zps

That involved cleaning out and polishing the spare wheel well

DAAD412C-04DE-4A90-AB08-94EB830DB079_zps

And installing the polished and dressed spare. It does not please my inner car harmony knowing that this a Falken tyre and the rest are Bridgestone tyres!

7E640E28-3494-417F-A588-2B8B4D642F13_zps

Mat trimmed and installed over the carpet, much better

06AA7E04-A4A6-45AB-BAFB-2E1C6ECFF7F1_zps

Now for the exciting bit, on go the wheels and the poor little car can touch terra firma again ;)

878EFD2F-48BE-4AD6-881B-2B8EB345F4D4_zps

I think these areas look so much better with the paint and flaps on

A914A32C-97AE-40F5-A796-773B2E0F0709_zps

And some all over shots

890EAA19-DB58-4340-9305-EE2995ACC29A_zps

2F402F8E-DC1A-4F12-A8B4-23108C457FBF_zps

782ADA57-CB1C-4D53-9ADB-2B7F96D8D630_zps

379E7675-AA9A-45F1-B544-DA402BE496AF_zps

1B071445-AD0C-49D7-8871-CB9BE231676F_zps

56CD2A98-5495-4EA3-9F74-69E84F521B2C_zps

And some inside

738ED221-4100-494E-85B7-4E27AF950749_zps

Always handy to have paper mats when cleaning, there wasn't much AG stuff (if any) used on the car though

B1DCCF82-664D-4D9D-817E-BC54813ECDBD_zps

So the finishing touches, starting with the new plates

11E5A74E-5DB5-488E-9C85-9B31C1A609BC_zps

76D51A32-2EA9-4566-A238-6048D43993F5_zps

Very impressed with the rubber mats

0D6B1A1C-FDC5-4471-BD7B-27F32C7588FB_zps

7BB17C2A-C582-443F-A08A-8C03F2F45D25_zps

And finally, love the 34 miles!! Needs using now :)

CC012C90-A548-471B-9952-8A0A43D3ACA7_zps

Actually not finally as it's just time for old to meet new, happy to be out of the £95 banger haha

6DACE744-3C5C-476D-AB65-5110EE17ADA1_zps

Thought I'd have to take the Punto for scrap but have actually sold it for £20 lol

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 3

I think the bumpers are pre-drilled for the numberplates aren't they rather than being done by the dealer?

Well the Mrs has said she does want the variable boot floor so I'll be getting that sorted soon. I've seen them for £115 for the full kit so far but have another couple of avenues to try first.

How easy are the front mudflaps to fit are they just clip on compared to the drilling required on the rears? I think on a black car they may give the car a slightly more aggressive look from behind?

You've also got me thinking what our spare is now too..... :) ours came with continental ecocontact on the car but never checked what manufacturer the spare tyre was.

I'd recommend replacing the headlights with some night breaker laser bulbs. I fitted unlimited bulbs before realising the newer laser bulbs were available. I overtook another citigo on the motorway last week and the difference in light output between the two cars was amazing. I also fitted LED DRLs at the same time too. And the interior light upgrade the week after too.

And I have a set of heko wind deflector in the garage to fit too..... And it's not even my car!!!! :D

• Like 1

No these were done by the dealer, when I saw it on Tuesday without the Citigo plates on it it had no holes.

£115 for the variable floor sounds good, it is deffo worth it IMO, separates a tray under the boot for bags or valuable items etc and when the seats are folded down gives the load bay a flat floor. The board is also thicker than the board that covers the spare so it feels sturdier and like a proper floor; the standard boot trim feels so unfinished.

Mudflaps on the front are easy, just undo the 3 torx screws that hold the arch liner on, place the mudflap over the holes and refit the screws, couldn't be simpler. I think the fixing is a T25. Whatever it is, they give you the right size torx driver in the spare wheel well.

It bothers me when tyres don't match so it bothers me that the space saver doesn't match even though I'll probably never see it! Quite glad to see a premium brand tyre on the car; I've heard of people buying far more expensive cars than this and being given ditchfinders!

Headlights have already been ordered, Osram Cool Blue Intense rather then Nightbreakers as I prefer the look, 4200k almost xenon colour and LED DRL's and numberplate light also on order :D Looking at a different interior light to alter that and have ordered a chrome finished automatic light switch and sensor to enable auto lights. Also ordered sill protectors for £11 as it has Monte Carlo ones in the front but it doesn't have them in the back so I've ordered these cheap black ones just for the back really to finish it off!!

More soon!!

I'm not a fan of wind deflectors personally but I do understand the compulsion to mod cars that aren't even mine haha

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 2

Thanks for the details of your mods on your new Citigo, very inspiring as I'm picking up my White Citigo Colour edition on Saturday 21st Jan (this week :clap: ). Mine, like yours was in the showroom and also has the black roof and wing mirrors. We was originally going to go for a red colour edition the dealer also had, but the white one kept catching my eye so changed to have the white one. I did want the Monte Carlo, but my wife and daughter didn't like the seats, so I was out voted :dull: . Can't wait to get ours, give it lots of tlc and slowly do a few mods like you have done :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the write up. Looks great!

Thanks :D It had a lot of compliments in the work car park this morning, it'll get lost in the uni car park tomorrow, full of nice shiny new cars that place...

Thanks for the details of your mods on your new Citigo, very inspiring as I'm picking up my White Citigo Colour edition on Saturday 21st Jan (this week :clap: ). Mine, like yours was in the showroom and also has the black roof and wing mirrors. We was originally going to go for a red colour edition the dealer also had, but the white one kept catching my eye so changed to have the white one. I did want the Monte Carlo, but my wife and daughter didn't like the seats, so I was out voted :dull: . Can't wait to get ours, give it lots of tlc and slowly do a few mods like you have done :thumbup:

Thanks, it doesn't yet have a black roof proper but I am looking for some black vinyl to change that. Mod list isn't stopping yet, the boot side carpets have arrived from Germany today (very impressed!) and the new valve caps are here too. Not overly happy with the headlight bulb supplier as they haven't arrived yet, hopefully tomorrow they will otherwise a phone call will have to be made. The next big mod after those is the auto light install, the kit for which is due on Feb 3rd. I'm also eyeing up silver indicator bulbs to de tango the car all round. Will have chance fit what's arrived Sunday as I'll be busy until then, don't have a full day to do anything as I've pre planned a day out on Saturday. I'm starting to run out of mods now!! I'd like to fit stronger boot struts to do an auto boot pop to lift the boot lid like a posh electric one ;) Oherwise I don't have much more planned for it bar the TT pedals but they'll take some saving up for seeing as it'll be a while before the £500 fuel card arrives (I'm sure I'll think of something else though!!).

Very impressive preparation. Will look good posing at Red Wharf Bay in Anglesey.

I actually have a walk round video but struggling to upload it to YouTube as the laptop is bust and I filmed it on my phone in 4K so it now won't upload through the app!!

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 2

Thanks :D It had a lot of compliments in the work car park this morning, it'll get lost in the uni car park tomorrow, full of nice shiny new cars that place...

Thanks, it doesn't yet have a black roof proper but I am looking for some black vinyl to change that. Mod list isn't stopping yet, the boot side carpets have arrived from Germany today (very impressed!) and the new valve caps are here too. Not overly happy with the headlight bulb supplier as they haven't arrived yet, hopefully tomorrow they will otherwise a phone call will have to be made. The next big mod after those is the auto light install, the kit for which is due on Feb 3rd. I'm also eyeing up silver indicator bulbs to de tango the car all round. Will have chance fit what's arrived Sunday as I'll be busy until then, don't have a full day to do anything as I've pre planned a day out on Saturday. I'm starting to run out of mods now!! I'd like to fit stronger boot struts to do an auto boot pop to lift the boot lid like a posh electric one ;) Oherwise I don't have much more planned for it bar the TT pedals but they'll take some saving up for seeing as it'll be a while before the £500 fuel card arrives (I'm sure I'll think of something else though!!).

I actually have a walk round video but struggling to upload it to YouTube as the laptop is bust and I filmed it on my phone in 4K so it now won't upload through the app!!

Ooooh, I like the sound of the posh boot opening mod, love to see how you do this. Won't it require additional springs to actually lift the boot?

Edited by ncd
  • Like 3

It should just require stronger struts and a shift in the fulcrum point of the strut. It's a common mod on Golf's so I am looking into it.

The lights aren't here yet, very not happy!! The car is going well and has over 100 miles on it now and dirty already haha. Just using it for now and still planning on fitting the carpets Sunday :)

• Like 3

Ah right, sounds like quite a straight forward mod to do. Not long now til I get my Citigo. My 11 year old daughter (who absolutely loves cars) is more excited about getting our new car, than she was on Christmas eve! She even asked if there was a Hot Wheels Citigo.

• Like 3

I hope you enjoy your Monte Carlo as much as i do mine.I got mine in October and i too wasn't quite sure about a white one as i had a red Sport before,but once the saleman showed it to me i loved it.Enjoy.

• Like 2

Thanks guys

So a missed delivery note came today as there was nobody in which I'm sure is for the bulbs as I can't think of anything else I've ordered that hasn't arrived yet aside from the light switch but that's due in February. So Sunday will see the fitting of the boot carpet and valve caps and some silver indicator bulbs to de tango the car and I hope the rest of the bulbs!

In other news my red key cover arrived today so I've put that on

98C740D6-D309-461C-AAD7-E8FF4D2C0445_zps

68F53744-4ABB-4A6B-85BE-EB59E31619BC_zps

It doesn't fit as well as the one I had when I was 17 on my 307 but the main thing is if I drop the key it'll have some protection and keep it looking fresh. I dropped my Volvo key once and left a huge gouge out of the back and I'm forever throwing them in and out of my bag so it's £2 to keep the key looking a bit tidier IMO.

Also making an appearance at last is this

Cat got the box!

C6D28A3C-BEBD-41BC-9A3C-2B624971975C_zps

It's fitted and programmed in now and synced up to my phone, no pics as it was pitch black when I got home and you all know what they look like. Have a problem with the Bluetooth audio on my iPhone 6S though, the music keeps cutting out and the track ID doesn't know what's going on. I don't know how long the PID mount was left uncovered though so will give it a more thorough clean and try again tomorrow. The trip computer shows 49.6 MPG for today which is decent for a car with 122 miles on the clock and the journies it's done today. My C30 used to do about 19 MPG on the same routes!

Otherwise the nav system seems to work well from a cursory play around on the drive and picked up the phones 4G to use the live stuff OK.

More soon!!

• Like 1

Guys where did you order the key covers from?  Is it a ebay item?

Yeah it's an eBay special, mine does not glow in the dark. I wanted a pink one but apparently according to someone else who occasionally uses the car it is, and I quote 'too gay' and as there's only one remote I decided not to tease and get a red one. Funny as my Dad used to use my 307 with it's pink key all the time and didn't care lol

Loving the Olaf fridge, Sasha!

Haha yeah the fridge wasn't me but it is cool (get it?? Never mind...) ;)

In other amazing news the missed delivery note wasn't for the bulbs from HID's Direct, it was for the Auto light switch which has come from China!! So I've had carpets from Germany and a light switch from China and both have arrived before a set of bulbs from Manchester!! I am not happy and I do not recommend HID's Direct if you want items on time!

That gives me another item to install on Sunday then!! Love it :D

• Like 1