Yeti Value

Silly Old Hector

I've been looking to get my daughter a newish Polo 1.2tsi 90bhp, either the Match edition or SEL.

I'm amazed at  deals offered,  brand new Polo Match edition rrp of £15,090.00 take away for £12,137.00 otr with full tank of fuel!

Found some 66plate 2016's with less than 1,500miles for £11,400.00 before I even start to negotiate and see VW are doing a big push from 27th Jan on all Polo' worth 2years services, free insurance and £1,400 deposit contribution......Then pay off a few days later.

Some good deals out there enjoy the SEL :)

I've never waded into the murky depths of financing a car, preferring to simply get a private loan from my bank and deal in cash.

That was yesterday......

For businesses it's obviously different, particularly now.

21 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

I've never waded into the murky depths of financing a car, preferring to simply get a private loan from my bank and deal in cash.

That was yesterday......

For businesses it's obviously different, particularly now.

You should always look for the cheapest option private or business

I have money in the bank, no need to get a loan, no need to get finance interest free or not. A car is a depreciating asset. it will devalue and it will cost you money.

The cheapest way is not always to buy outright and I've done that plenty of times myself.

The Yeti deal we got was so cheap I ordered two and gave one to my Dad. :) The car the Yeti replaced (1 Series BMW) cost more than twice the Yeti so I actually reduced my outgoings.

The Yeti at £4.4k over two years is Peanuts for a new car. I once lost £14k over two years on an Alfa and I bought that loan/cash lol. :(

Lee

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, logiclee said:

You should always look for the cheapest option private or business

I have money in the bank, no need to get a loan, no need to get finance interest free or not. A car is a depreciating asset. it will devalue and it will cost you money.

The cheapest way is not always to buy outright and I've done that plenty of times myself.

The Yeti deal we got was so cheap I ordered two and gave one to my Dad. :)

Lee

In my eighth decade and I can assure you my first HP was also my last and it was always personal loan after.

Im now in the cash for cars side of the trade.........nice.

For a business, of course, that would be stupid...........one of the reasons top end cars are so expensive to own unless you're auto adept and savvy.

The only advantage my PCP has had for me is the ability to save £250 per month due to low monthly repayments to have a deposit for buying a nearly new car on a 2.9% personal loan. 

8 minutes ago, threadbear said:

The only advantage my PCP has had for me is the ability to save £250 per month due to low monthly repayments to have a deposit for buying a nearly new car on a 2.9% personal loan. 

That was the other thing for me organising my own finance it would be insured in my name and NOT under finance, so a cheaper rate.

• Like 1