Anyone else have these problems?

@SJN

ask Google Translate 'škoda' from czech's

@GaSelle

there is no connection on diesel or petrol!

exactly same huge count of problems i have with 2.0TSI DSG6 DCC

open link in my signature (design of that post were corrupted by forum engine change, edit is forbidden,

but repaired post were removed by forum admins cause looked too similar to previous)

I prefer not to read your negative posts. I’ve understood, that you’re unsatisfied - but all your negative posts are just too much. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 31/01/2017 at 19:48, rufusmcc said:

I have had a number of issues to the point I am talking to Skoda for compensation. As with the brake sticking on and the condensation / misting the car was becoming undrivable.

Radio - various issues
Columbus screen freezing
Drivers Seat overheating with burning smell, then not working
Heating not working
Automatic handbrake not releasing
Quality of sound via the speakers being shocking, sound being worse that a Dr Who Dalek
Condensation - levels inside that results in water running down the inside of the windows, I had to stop the car and clear the windows, only the heated windscreen allowed me to see forward.
Metical sound upon cold start, with petrol engine sometimes sounding like a diesel.

After 15 years, 9 cars and about 100k in deals I have had enough and prepared to take it to court. Dealer has been great, but Skoda UK Customer Services are a joke, with the so what attitudes. 

IMAG1167.jpg

IMAG1173.jpg

I've not had the Superb but suffered the same condensation problems with the Octavia. It was beyond a joke that I could be waiting 20 mins for it to clear on a morning just before I could drive, on a few occasions I had ice inside the windscreen. They didn’t appear to be any leaks into the car but more from just water brought in on clothing and shoes but even opening the door on a wet day could case the car to steam up. 

I was recommended using dehumidifier bags to absorb the condensation. I ended up using two, one in the front passenger footwell, the other on the parcel shelf. They supposed to last up 3 months but I found within 2 weeks they were full and needed to be dried out.  Not a fix but made the car more liveable. 

I also suffered with electrical problems which I put down to the condensation I found corrosion behind the dashboard next to the fuse box. A lot of the electrical problems only appeared during winter when the condensation levels were the worst. 

Like yourself I found Skoda UK useless but then so was my dealer DM Keith. I got rid of the car at a financial loss but owning the car was more stressful trying to resolve the problems with it. Probably won’t get another VAG car after that experience.  

• Like 1

I've got a '66 plate SE-L Exec, 150 TDI. Just over 9k on the clock, and the only fault I've noticed, which is more of a niggle to be honest, is that the touch screen sometimes does what it wants when it's cold. Other than that, I really can't fault mine

Do you think this is an early adopter issue? 2015-2016 cars? Mine is as yet faultless (mid-2017 car). The pictures of the Octavia above really do shout "water ingress" - I've had cars built in the 1960s and 1970s that weren't like that! The one thing I do agree on is the general uselessness of the dealer network when anything even slightly out of the ordinary comes their way. It's also a reason I've never bought any car or other complex piece of gadgetry until it's been on the market at least a year to 18 months. I'm not doing VAG's beta-testing for them.

@BriskodaJeff The pictures are from the Superb belonging to Rufusmcc. The comments I made were from my experience of owning an Octavia, not one that I want to have again. You are right about the cars built in the 70's having this problem, it's not one that you should be having now with a modern car that is supposed to have build quality.

Edited by CWARD

I have a L&K TDI 190 with DSG, first registered at the end of May 2016. Other than changing the screen wash jets, I have had no problems with the car.I am very pleased with it.

17 hours ago, CWARD said:

@BriskodaJeff The pictures are from the Superb belonging to Rufusmcc. The comments I made were from my experience of owning an Octavia, not one that I want to have again. You are right about the cars built in the 70's having this problem, it's not one that you should be having now with a modern car that is supposed to have build quality.

Ok thanks and sorry for the misunderstanding. The point I was trying to make is that surely the picture has to be as a result of water ingress? Even the cars I had from the 70's were not as bad as this. 

On mine, which was just as bad as the pictures above, everything was checked from door seals, windows, air con drain. The carpets were dry but somehow you ended up with so much condensation inside from what was tracked in on your shoes and clothes or from opening the boot and the little bit that would run off when you did. 

On 2/18/2018 at 09:34, GaSelle said:

I prefer not to read your negative posts. I’ve understood, that you’re unsatisfied - but all your negative posts are just too much. 

interesting, how your positive posts can solve this?

and this

or maybe this

https://www.drive2.com/l/486906905684345349/

• Like 1

Sell the car and move on. You will most likely not be satisfied no matter what. I don’t even bother to watch the videos - sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, GaSelle said:

Sell the car and move on. You will most likely not be satisfied no matter what. I don’t even bother to watch the videos - sorry. 

Yeah I don't even bother reading his posts now. Borderline Trolling. It's a pity we can't just hide his posts. Shame as one day he may have something interesting to contribute.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GaSelle said:

I agree with you, his posts are relentless, same old cr-p, this has become an obsession for him, I don't bother to look at his posts, if I where him I would just sell the car and move on, but as you say he will not be happy with anything he purchased.

• Sad 1

Well I’ve just looked through @MartiniB posts and yes, there are complaints, but there is also extensive assistance and plenty of helpful posts too IMHO.

If I was given a lemon with numerous faults and got very little assistance from Skoda I would also be letting people know. A lot of the issues appear to be quite common and he seems to be getting hammered for being more vocal about it. If nobody posted about these issues then it makes it harder to reject a dealers standard “not heard of that before” response. Do people think it’s lies or something?.. uphill struggle when people won’t even watch his videos :blink:

I think he already mentioned he would also take quite a financial hit if he got rid of the car that he otherwise likes. Maybe I’m missing something about all the hate?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apart from the Skoda=damage joke that Martini keeps repeating, I have plenty of sympathy for him. Any problems not satisfactorily and promptly fixed by my dealer and Skoda uk will soon be made public. I've seen enough bamboozling by them over the years to last a lifetime. And my patience has now worn away completely.

If you look at those two videos those problems are reported by others on this forum, if your 30k car suddenly developed the same fault would you just say ho hum, just sell it, take the big hit and buy another? I think not.

The Columbus is a £1600 option ffs, and its primary function is to be a radio. It's not rocket science.

Martini, a tip, just stop repeating the skoda/damage joke ad nauseum and people may listen more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, xman said:

Martini, a tip, just stop repeating the skoda/damage joke ad nauseum and people may listen more.

they won't, while they wear pink glasses or horse flaps :)

but at least they honestly answered - "haven't watched but have own position"

Edited by MartiniB

To be fair to @MartiniB for all we know he may have blown his entire life savings on this car and now he's not in a position to simply 'move on'; he must have a had a pretty crap experience if he immediately jumps on the negative drum when he hears the word "Skoda".  Admittedly I do dread the majority of his comments as I know what he's going to say but stepping back, it must surely just be a reflection of his very poor and disappointing experience with his Superb.    

I'm gonna throw it out there that I suspect MartiniB may know a little about cars and he probably, secretly has a soft spot for the rattly old bird and subsequently if he just looked past the negative stuff, he may just have some useful comments and info to share.

Come on @MartiniB I've just publicly 'sponsored' you, don't let me down :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I ha dad two problems on my surperb for when it went in for its first service

first was a niggle but they sorted it, when I washed the front screen water would dribble down the rear window and visa versa they found a faulty valve

the second was more serious but I hadn’t heard it in the car as it was a external noise and only came to light when my son commented on it

there was a rattle off side front behind the wheel whilst stationary and it’s came back as a tensioner bearing failing so a new cam belt water pump etc replaced all under warranty