What to choose?

romanv

Hi guys!

I've set my upper price limit and now have to choose between:

a. 19" Sirius wheels or

b. 18" Trinity wheels with rough road package and headlamp cleaning device

​What would you choose?

Is rough road package worth buying if I drive only on the road but we do have occasional a huge amounts of snow in Slovenia.

I also don't see any benefits of having the headlamp washer.

​On the other hand I don't like firm drive but DCC will be part of my equipment.

The rough road package wouldn't help much, it only adds more plastic skid plates to the underbody. I'd go with the Sirius rims (make sure to ask your dealer for the anthracite ones!) over the 18's.

• Administrators

Do you go anywhere with potholes, bumpy surfaces or generally park it on gravel/broken ground?

I borrowed a 230vrs Octy on 19's and I was terrified pulling off kerbs, onto broken ground... I pulled into a grass parking area only to have an unholy thwack. A small rock, about 1.5". I was lucky, hit in the main tyre, not the walls, but I felt it and the noise was to die for.  It's shame you have to get the rough road undertray, that seems like over engineering for a road car.

Actually I would go to the same places as I am going right now with my current car (Grand Scenic).

I am used to French comfort and a test drive with Opel Mokka was big failure for me, that's why I will order DCC to be on the safe side. I know that rubber part of the tyre/wheel (235/50R19) is so not so small compared to Renault Captur (wife's car) but Kodiaq is still heavier and 18" may be more softer as 19" wheels.