Wing tip to bonnet alignment

I was just walking around the nose of my 16 plate Monte Fabia III Estate and I noticed on the drivers side, the very pointy end tip of the wing that meets the headlight sitting a little proud of next to where the wing aligns to the bonnet.

I pushed it in with my thumb and now it matches beautifully with the passenger side, although i'm a bit concerned how bendy that little pointy triangle tip of the wings are! Now I'm thinking, should I have moved it!

Anyone else done this?

Uh oh! that's done it! lol...I don't think you have caused any harm. Can you actually see any damage to that part of the wing. I mean, is it now out of shape slightly. I've never tried that on mine. I suspect what you were seeing is a very minor misalignment of the bonnet, which is normally adjusted by moving the bonnet hinges. That's if I've understood your description of the issue correctly. So actually altering the pointy wing thingy isn't normally required. But if it's now ok just leave it.

Before buying my wife's Fabia I very nearly bought a different one from another dealer, however upon going to view the car (it was a pre-reg) I could immediately see the bonnet/wing misalignment you describe.  This was, as you'd expect, a complete surprise to the salesman!  Needless to say I walked away.

Your photo's made me go and look at my Fabia and mine looks perfectly normal compared to yours, which stands out as a fault in my opinion.

Your photo's made me go and look at my Fabia and mine looks perfectly normal compared to yours, which stands out as a fault in my opinion.

Could you post a like for like photo of your driver side part of the wing so  i can see?

Could you post a like for like photo of your driver side part of the wing so  i can see?

I'll have a go tomorrow when it's light,for you,unless someone beats me to it with their car picture. There's something definitely not right with yours.

I'll have a go tomorrow when it's light,for you,unless someone beats me to it with their car picture. There's something definitely not right with yours.

Ok thanks. Here is a side photo of my Fabia wing to bonnet.

Wing 3

Took this picture even if it was dark and tried enhancing in Photoshop:

I'm sorry to say this but yours look a bit bumpy :(

Mine looks exactly the same so no need for me to upload one tomorrow. It needs to be fixed under warranty?

Had a peek under the hood, all looks 100% mint. There is an arm from the wing that's screwed down near the headlight, if you press it down the wing bulges out, quite fun. Seems to have sorted it!

These cars are made out of tin foil these days! In the interest of mental health I'll stop fussing over it and just drive the damn thing haha! It is a beauty tho, bravo Skoda.

Of course these mm imperfections are living proof that we don't live in a perfect world, entropy is only around the corner for all our beloved metal boxes we drive at 80mph into grit and weather and wonder why they pick up micro blemishes and scratches :)

From your photo, it looks a simple job to tweak the bonnet adjustment. That's all it is. It normally involves both hinges and requires just a little knowledge. I've done some really way out wing to bonnet adjustments. I mean it can really looks like the car has had a smash (even though it hasn't), but after some proper tweaking, it's perfect factory type finish. 

Good to know these things are easily fixable. What is interesting is that I opened and closed the bonnet after playing with the rubber shock absorbers and it looks seated more evenly, I think it looks normal now from all angles.

I've been trawling through the Fabia III owners picture thread and I see the same thing on many of them!!! Some worse than others. The worst I've seen is on the Chris Evans review of a yellow hatchback, it looks like the bonnet is well out.

Guess it's one of those things, if it's in tolerance it passes when leaving the factory, but if can be improved for us fussy gits.

Edited by Jedispooner