SatNav/Mirrorlink

Thesoundone

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I've searched for what I'm looking for but can't quite find the answer.

I've just bought a 14 plate Yeti 2.0 Elegance and whilst I'm really happy with the car, the lack of SatNav on a car of this spec is a little baffling to me.

It has the standard Bolero unit and I'm trying to find out if I can update it to use 'mirror link' with my android phone for SatNav? Maybe I've misunderstood but I've been told this is what I need?

Failing that, I'm looking at kenwood units that have SatNav. Any recommendations on models/places that install them in East Midlands? Preferably Nottingham/Leicester area.

Thanks in advance!

Mirrorlink's shoite, doesn't work and is not fit for purpose. Found this out the hard way after trying to get several Android phones to mirror without success.

AFAIK Mirrorlink cannot be updated to the system that does work (Smartlink).

Take a photo of the unit and post it up here. If you do have an RCD510 (it's a different shape to the Bolero) then a Columbus unit will be a direct drop in, with a bit of fiddling to add a GPS antenna and then a bit of coding to make it work.

I can do this for you, but I'm up in North Yorks, a couple of hours drive.

Yes countryboy, I have the bolero unit as pointed out by my local dealer yesterday.

Thanks Rustynuts for the offer of help. Alas, it might be a bit far to travel but I apreciate the offer.

I've heard the the columbus unit doesn't display the climate control, heated seats or parking sensors. That can't be true, can it?

Edited by Thesoundone

Yes countryboy, I have the bolero unit as pointed out by my local dealer yesterday.

Thanks Rustynuts for the offer of help. Alas, it might be a bit far to travel but I apreciate the offer.

I've heard the the columbus unit doesn't display the climate control, heated seats or parking sensors. That can't be true, can it?

It most certainly does. If it doesn't then someone hasn't coded the unit correctly.