Delivery charge

Hello everyone. Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the new car delivery charges. I bought a brand new skoda fabia 1.2 TSI SE yesterday on their pcp deal. Very excited to pick it up next week. Put £100 deposit down on it and signed the order and agreement. However when I've got home I have checked through it in more detail and they've charged me £491 delivery charge. However they told me that only a few days ago the car I was buying had not long arrived in their stock so there was no wait for shipping etc. So this leaves me a little confused and thinking I didn't get as good a deal as I thought. Did anyone else out there buy a new fabia and paid this when it was already in stock?

Welcome.

Enjoy the new car.

Someone has to pay unless it is pre-registered, and that is the customer unless it is pre-registered and actually even then the customer pays since they are not a charity 

but a for profits business.

Bring it up with them, but i think you know the answer you will get.

george

Welcome Elah, I've had my new 1.2 TSI 110ps DSG car for 3.5 months. I was charged £425 plus VAT for delivery. It doesn't matter that the car may have been in their stock, YOU have to pay the delivery on it what ever the date is when you buy it. I hope that helps. Enjoy your new car when you get it and post often to let us all know how you are getting on. 

You were happy with the deal amount in total

Shouldn't really make a difference if it was £4 delivery or £4000 delivery the total is the total regardless how it's broken down on the invoice

Enjoy the car

• Like 1

Thank you all. I will probably bring it up anyway because the carwow offer included free delivery. It could be my own error but it's worth asking anyway. 

Looking forward to updating on how I'm finding the new car.

Thanks again

Do you have an invoice with a breakdown of the costs,

OTR which includes Registration Charge & Number Plates and some delivery.

People would need to compare the cost of like for like cars and what was paid excluding trade ins.

Thank you all. I will probably bring it up anyway because the carwow offer included free delivery. It could be my own error but it's worth asking anyway. 

Thanks again

I'd be inclined to change that word "free delivery" to "will deliver the car to where you live free of charge" - you will have paid for Skoda's delivery elsewhere in the monies you are spending as pointed out already. Remember Carwow etc just order cars from willing main dealers - who might not be located close to you - so getting the car to you will cost extra, or you collect it from that remote main dealer.

Thanks again

Hi elah, yes I did the Carwow quote thing and delivery for me was £140, but that was to deliver it from Preston, to North Essex to where I live, that's if I'd gone down the Carwow route. IF you are talking about that charge, then it is entirely feasible that you were promised free delivery. But everyone pays the delivery charge from Germany to our shores and then on to the dealership you deal with. There is no getting away from that, unless a clever salesperson plays with the figures and makes it look like you are getting free delivery. But they have to show delivery on the invoice and it has to be paid by someone if it's a new car. Bring it up by all means and maybe report back to us if you will. I'm sure you will love your new car. The power, the power! it's all about the power! lol...

The £490 is the skoda uk delivery charge from the factory to the dealer. So train, boat and then car transported.

The first owner pays this.

What carwow mean by free delivery is from the dealer to your house.