Identifying skoda 130 gearbox.

Mod500

Hi,

I have acquired a skoda gearbox I would like to identify. I think it came from 130 but I am not sure. Is there anywhere I can check a list by part number?

The casing is stamped with:

297-06

I would like to find out what model it came from, what the gear ratios are and if it's a 5speed.

Any help would be great thanks.

Thanks for the replies. It is an irs. There is a cv joint at both ends of the drive shaft. I couldn't work out if there is a spacer piece at the front of the box hopefully the photos help. Apologies for the mess it needs a good clean!

DSC_3158.jpg

DSC_3161.jpg

DSC_3162.jpg

It's a 5 speed....it has come from a semi-trailling arm car and has the longer nose on the box. The only way it could be a 4 speed with the semi trailling driveshaft was if it came from a mk1 Rapid but the nose looks longer to me. 5 speeds are now far more common that 4 speed boxes because most later cars had them and a lot of the 4 speed cars are gone because they were less desirable. What are you doing with it? 

Edited by petergarforth

I might be fitting it to a fiat 500 but I'm not convinced it will fit. The 500 struggles a bit at motorway speeds even with the 126 engine fitted. Bell housing to drive shaft distance is fine but drive shaft to nose might be the issue. Also the box passes between the suspension mounts so the width might be an issue.

If it doesn't fit then I'll sell it.

I had planned to fit it to a fiat 126 which already had a fiat punto engine fitted but sadly I no longer have the car.