Chances of getting discount on Kodiaq

Sw1

Hi All,

I'm debating if i lease the kodiaq or buy, the car I've specced up comes in just under 40k at list, anyone know what the chances are of obtaining discount given it's so new.

It's not yet on the usual sites such as carwow and drive the deal.

Thanks,

Edited by Sw1

I'm sure the residuals will be good for the first couple of years. If you have the cash upfront then I'm pretty sure you will be better off compared to leasing. The question would be if you've opted for too many extras that won't be reflected after 2-3 years.

Ask a dealer for PCH rates for your spec and see what you think. You could always take the PCH Option and then invest your cash in the US stock market and leave it to Trump!?

Thanks for the replies , I've looked at PCH and had a quote and they look pretty competitive with the bonus of not having to stump your capital down and then watch it burn.

When I got my a6 avant 3 years ago I was lucky to get 9k off list on a factory order, unlikely to get anywhere near on the Skoda but I was wondering what people have haggled if anything.

• Administrators

You can aim for that, the uk retailers are under no incentive at the moment on the kodiaq... Few of the main cash discount players want to discount the kodiaq on retail sales.

The last one I spoke to had sold 20+ of it's 50 allocation with no substantive discount. The guys doing 12% opening via the cars service; on most models, won't drop a penny on the kodiaq. I'm sure a suitcase of cash would change things. Still trying to add a few more on, surprisingly difficult to convince sales managers we buy cars ;)

It's worth asking for sure, a week is a long time in, especially as the rush might of ebbed ;)

• Administrators

When are they launching in NZ? Or is it already out? 

From what I've gathered, as it's a wholly new car, its not on the books for targets and delivery bonuses in the UK, hence the reluctance to 'discount', that is they have not promised to sell x, instead being told you can only sell x. I believe that to be the only difference in the mindset at the moment. 

When are they launching in NZ? Or is it already out?

First week of Feb is when we're told what we're getting and cars come late April. This is what I know that is definite from talking to the Skoda NZ product planner.

7 seats standard (5 seat NCO)

5 engines: 1.4 TSI (150hp ACT & 4WD), 2.0 TSI 187hp, 2.0 TDI 150hp/190hp - all 2.0 engines being 4WD. All DSG too.

2-3 trim levels (probably 2)

Specced fairly highly (here in NZ the Superb only comes in Style and Style+, with the 280hp model only having 3 options: sunroof, roller blinds and same size wheels!)

I made a doc detailing what I'm expecting looking at the whole Skoda lineup for NZ and their spec: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzuN8YkhaIyZQmFDTV9WOUYtTVU/view?usp=sharing

From what I've gathered, as it's a wholly new car, its not on the books for targets and delivery bonuses in the UK, hence the reluctance to 'discount', that is they have not promised to sell x, instead being told you can only sell x. I believe that to be the only difference in the mindset at the moment. 

Yup, my guy at Skoda also said that "availability will be tight for the first part of the year so we can’t promise anything yet until we know a bit more closer to the time" but however this was said early November. I might flick him another email today but I might as well just wait for spec to come out 

Edited by ZacDaMan72

Thanks for the replies everyone, I've decided to go for a lease. Having always purchased cars it seemed like the thing to do but researching on pch deals it appears to be a no brainier.

I rarely keep cars longer then 2 - 3 years so I'm just burning cash, as I get a good car allowance I'm going down the PCH route.

Now to get it ordered and then the waiting game begins, still have my a6 avant which will keep me going as it's a nice car.

My 'local' dealer (not very local but now closest since they closed all the dealers in Essex) flat out refused to even consider a discount of any kind on the cash price. So waving the money did not work.

Combined with a general poor interest in actually selling a car, They therefore lost the sale and although I have never tried PCH before, financially it does seem to make sense on this car (assuming you wish to change again at 2/3 years) so have gone for that.

Edited by Dr_Pepper

This might not be 100% on topic since it's not UK, but I got a ~6% discount in Poland and two people I know got almost 9% in Slovakia for their orders. I talked to two different dealers - one didn't want to discuss discounts at all, the other one gave me a 5% discount without me asking. So I suppose YMMV. All 3 Kodiaqs were the top models (called "Style" here) with prices in the £33k ballpark.

Are we talking 5% off the cost of the car before options or with options and before taxes and delivery and OTR charges.

ie At what point is the discount being deducted?

Edited by Offski

Are we talking 5% off the cost of the car before options or with options and before taxes and delivery and OTR charges.

ie At what point is the discount being deducted?

I'm talking about the discount from the cost of the car including all options. It doesn't include delivery/OTR charges

So off the car as built & before taxes which is nice.

Cash can still be king when dealers are needing sales & turnover, but finance & leasing & up at RRP is the bonus earner and can mean the vehicle is coming back to them 

and they can make a profit now, and again and maybe even again.

Edited by Offski

So off the car as built & before taxes which is nice.

Cash can still be king when dealers are needing sales & turnover, but finance & leasing & up at RRP is the bonus earner and can mean the vehicle is coming back to them 

and they can make a profit now, and again and maybe even again.

In my case I'm not financing it at the dealer - I'm using an external company for the lease. They only get what I pay for the car (+ future service if I decide to stick with them).

I was actually surprised they offered any discount at all. They have 43 cars for the whole year and they had already sold half of that when I ordered mine. It seems to me that they could sell all 43 easily without any discounts. Maybe they want to have good statistics to be the first ones to get an additional "allowance" of Kodiaqs.

I'm really curious if you can get similar discounts in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15 January 2017 at 19:37, Sw1 said:

Hi All,

I'm debating if i lease the kodiaq or buy, the car I've specced up comes in just under 40k at list, anyone know what the chances are of obtaining discount given it's so new.

It's not yet on the usual sites such as carwow and drive the deal.

Thanks,

NIL!