Skoda Roomster 1.2 TSI SE 5dr Advice please!

lupetto

Hello all

I am going to let my old Skoda Fabia Estate Elegance 1.4 go after keeping it for ~13 years or so!

Might buy the Skoda Roomster 1.2 TSI SE 5dr.

Can you advice on its stock fault - if to avoid - whatever you can do.

Will check this car tomorrow and just come to mind to ask you Skoda Experts.

Thank you in advance.

I love Skoda and wish to keep buying skoda and I need the ROOM-ster!

Regards

M
ADDITION: it is a 2013 reg - No Tax and MOT until next September

Edited by lupetto

A 2013 model should be clear of the timing chain problems that affected early TSI engines.

And there were possible issues with DSG transmission around 2013 but I assume the car you are viewing has manual transmission.

Other than that, the Roomster seems well sorted.

Mine (my second Roomster) is 2013 and I struggle to think of any other car I would rather own.

Good luck!

• Like 1

^^^ 
what possible DSG issues are you talking about?  No more of an issue than with any Gearbox even a manual one.

Check the Service History & Warranty Work or Service Campaigns when buying any Skoda. A Dealership can tell what is on the Skoda System.

There were early Clutch Pack failures & Mechatronic Control Unit failures with some DQ200 DSG but that was pre 2013.

There is a World Wide Recall on DQ200 DSG covering 2009-2014 or so which is just a Service Campaign in Europe 

& that gets the Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral and a Software Update done free if the Synthetic Oil was filled at the factory.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

*The Service Campaign Field Action should have been done if the Keeper was contacted, and if they did not get it done it still can be done.*

• Like 1

A 2013 model should be clear of the timing chain problems that affected early TSI engines.

And there were possible issues with DSG transmission around 2013 but I assume the car you are viewing has manual transmission.

Other than that, the Roomster seems well sorted.

Mine (my second Roomster) is 2013 and I struggle to think of any other car I would rather own.

Good luck!

Thanks, yes it is a Manual Transmission

what possible DSG issues are you talking about?  No more of an issue than with any Gearbox even a manual one.

.There is a World Wide Recall on DQ200 DSG covering 2009-2014 or so which is just a Service Campaign in Europe 

& that gets the Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral and a Software Update done free if the Synthetic Oil was filled at the factory.

You've answered your own question mate! :) 

I didn't go into detail as I assumed OP was viewing a car with manual transmission.

What are the issues though a service campaign? If the issues are that a DSG could have mechanical failures that applies to any in any model.

Bought the car and taking it this afternoon - finally done it & finally a bit more room [ster] for taking shopping for 3 families - I needed it and also because my old Fabia was 16 years old, although still running fine apart from old age problems!

End of this post, I guess.
;p]

• Like 2

I cannot believe things keep coming and sorry to keep bothering!

I am now trying to find a Seat BElt holder for the rear seats as the belts are 'rather far' - especially for smaller people - too far!

I can make one myself, if I do not find it.

Any ideas - I did not find anything on this site - at least 'I' .... did not.

Something like this one and I am going to check sizes and also ask insurance as they find anything to AVOID paying:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuine-Left-Right-Headrest-Seat-Belt-Holders-Set-52302208036-/190773604370

Edited by lupetto

On 25/01/2017 at 12:24, lupetto said:

I cannot believe things keep coming and sorry to keep bothering!

I am now trying to find a Seat BElt holder for the rear seats as the belts are 'rather far' - especially for smaller people - too far!

I can make one myself, if I do not find it.

Any ideas - I did not find anything on this site - at least 'I' .... did not.

Something like this one and I am going to check sizes and also ask insurance as they find anything to AVOID paying:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuine-Left-Right-Headrest-Seat-Belt-Holders-Set-52302208036-/190773604370

Don't forget the back seats can be slid forward and backward.

If seat belts are long way back, then seats might be forward, unless you need the extra boot space just slide them back.

if you don't need the 5th seat, can lift it out and slide the outer ones towards the middle which gives you lot more room reaching for seatbelt

The reason I asked is that we constantly keep them further up - i.e. far from belt.

I asked insurance if we could fit such an item and they said no problem .

I only need to find one that fits - rather than make it myself for insurance purposes.
Although I am sure mine would be better and safer - but stupidity and excuses prevail in this world!

I also noticed the TAILGATE BOOT LOCK sometimes does not catch the door when shutting it and it seems closed but it is not and I also noticed that when we unlock it is very loud.

Is the noise normal or does it need adjusting?

I also noticed a Skoda dealer selling it for £. 27 on eBay - that tells me it does fail!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-TAILGATE-BOOT-LOCK-5J0827501C-/381516800436

• 2 weeks later...

It seems NOBODY [sellers] is bothered to answer 2 simple questions!

I asked max diameter and max distance of headrest holes to try and fit the BMW one or another one.
I guess I will have to find a BMW dealer and ask if I can check sizes!

I asked insurance and they said they do not have any problems and would not affect insurance if I fit such a device, but did not mention making it myself as I am sure they would say not - even thou mine would be better and more secure!

• 2 weeks later...

Update coming soon, about the seat belt - apparently the above link [BMW] should fit as it seems it has a 11mm and 14mm rubber grommet [for headrest] and adjustable in length 110 to 150mm [Roomster ia 14mm and 150mm distance] - should fit nicely.
I also found on a US website listed for majority of Volkswagen too ... BUT ... I can see how RUBBISH made they are!

In fact I found a few saying it breaks while fitting them [maybe they have heavy hands?] and also I can see them break after a few uses when people let the belt self-wind back and clip comes off!

I am now getting something else that is 'already' made and makes insurance happy, although if 'I' made a pair, they would be safer and BETTER than the expensive Insurance-Manufacturers' Cartel!