New Yeti now ordered.

Guest FurryFriend

Guest FurryFriend

Well my wife and I have now ordered our Yeti SE Drive 1.2 tsi dsg in Black Pearl, and can't wait for it to arrive.

We're probably looking at early April.

Thanks to all of you who helped with information. The specs on the Drive make it a very good buy indeed.

Very impressed with our test drive today.

I am finding after only 3 weeks of ownership that the DSG combined with the 1.2 petrol engine is a perfect combination, really enjoying the ride and slick gear changes.

The engine is really smooth but hoping it will loosen up as time goes on as struggling at the moment to get out of the high 30s with regards to MPG

I have a 1.2 Tsi DSG Yeti - 2012 model - and have averaged 42.1 MPG over 50,000 miles (brim to brim). I found that initially I was getting high 30's but that improved over first 5,000 miles and has gradually improved since. Now getting 43-44 MPG fairly consistently, though a high speed motorway drive into a head wind will knok that back into the high 30's again. I believe that the later 1.2 Tsi you have is even more economical so you should better my figures over time.

I am awaiting a new SEL Drive 1.2 Tsi DSG to replace my existing Yeti, got a new one while I could still get current model because I fear the new one will be bigger and I don't want a bigger car.

I am finding after only 3 weeks of ownership that the DSG combined with the 1.2 petrol engine is a perfect combination, really enjoying the ride and slick gear changes.

The engine is really smooth but hoping it will loosen up as time goes on as struggling at the moment to get out of the high 30s with regards to MPG

I hope yours does indeed free up and your mpg improves.  Regrettably, although I like my 2011 1.2 DSG very much, the mpg, as checked  every single tankful, is invariably in the the low to mid 30s. Even a long run only sees it rise to the high 30s and never in to the forties.

Love the car. Hate the mpg.  But nothing to be done now after five and a half years.

I hope yours does indeed free up and your mpg improves.  Regrettably, although I like my 2011 1.2 DSG very much, the mpg, as checked  every single tankful, is invariably in the the low to mid 30s. Even a long run only sees it rise to the high 30s and never in to the forties.

Love the car. Hate the mpg.  But nothing to be done now after five and a half years.

Being 2011 presumably it's fitted with the earlier EA111 engine (chain cam, oil filter at high level) - the later totally different EA211 should be more efficient

Saying that my much heavier (but possibly more aerodynamic)  Superb II 1.4tsi is fitted with the older engine and my overall average is around 46mpg - have managed just over 50mpg on some long runs. However at the beginning of the journey after starting from cold the mpg seems very poor to start with but drastically improves as the miles pile on - if you just did short journeys the EA111 could indeed seem a bit suppy.

Suspect the EA211 (I think fitted in later Yetis's) should be better as it is designed to warm up very quickly and has 16 valves(The 1.2 EA111 has 8 valves, the 1.4 EA111 has 16 though).

Edited by bigjohn

Is there an internet link to the Yeti Drive models? I went into my local dealer on Wednesday wanting the spec on the 1.2 110 DSG SE L Drive and the dealer was a bit vague, he got the details on his screen and emailed me a link, I didn't open it until I got home and I needed the VAG group password, so it's no use. A search of Skoda website doesn't seem to have it, and a general search gets all sorts of test drives, but no Drive models.

I only want to confirm it has a heated windscreen.

If you go to the Skoda UK website then use the Configurator you can spec a SE L Drive model. The full spec is defined in the configurator at the end of the process. I believe it has a heated windscreen.

Edited by Expatman

Strange - but Yeti configurator for SE L Drive does not define Heated Windscreen as standard fit or even as an option. However, if you spec a regular SE L then Heated windscreen is shown as an option. That means either you can't have an SE L Drive with heated windscreen, even as an option, or that a heated windscreen is included as standard in the Drive model. I believe that actually the SE L Drive does include the heated windscreen as standard. If you want to be sure then you could contact Skoda Customer Services and ask them directly.

Guest FurryFriend

I've got my Yeti drive ordered,  and I've got the info right here as photocopied by our dealer. 

Specification. 

SE Drive (over previous SE) 

17inch Matterhorn alloy wheels

Amundsen navigation with DAB

Auto dim rear view mirror

Heated windscreen

Light and rain assist

Floor Mats

Heated Front Seats

Front and rear parking sensors

New fabric upholstery and dash inserts

SE L Drive Model (over previous SEL) 

Amundsen navigation with DAB

Heated windscreen. 

The bumph says:

The drive model builds on rhe impressive specification of the current SE and SE L trims with further enhancements including Amundsen  navigation,  heated windscreen and front and rear parking sensors. 

Both models offer fantastic value for money.  The SE drive has enhancements worth £2295 but will cost customers just £935 more than the standard SE version,  while the SE L Drive has additional spec worth £1850 but is offered for only £755 more than the SE L.  Customers therefore save £1360 and £1095 on the SE Drive and SE L Drive respectively. 

That's what I have.  Hope it helps.  Really looking forward to seeing our beastie when it arrives, but we feel we've got ourselves a very good package for the money. And we REALLY don't like the shape of the 2017 Yeti AT ALL. 

It's just another boring SUV.