Retrofitting a sat nav in place of my stereo?

Hello All,

I have just purchased a 2013 mkII fabia estate. As lovely as it is, I feel it's missing the sat nav.

I have looked into the retrofit of a sat nav unit and looks to be simple enough. However I do have some questions....

Firstly has anyone done this to there fabia?

What unit did you purchase? Links please.

My car doesn't have the steering controls and the air con control is separate. Does this mean that a lot of the functions of the new stereo unit won't work?

Many thanks Chris

I had a sat nav in the radio position on a 2012 greenline and hated it, even with the directions in the dash I felt I was looking away from the road too much. I now have a Garmin fitted on the dash just to the left of the speedo pod-much saver.

I had a sat nav in the radio position on a 2012 greenline and hated it, even with the directions in the dash I felt I was looking away from the road too much. I now have a Garmin fitted on the dash just to the left of the speedo pod-much saver.

Fit maxidot and directions appear between the clocks

Fit maxidot and directions appear between the clocks

Mine had that but any reference to the actual sat nav meant taking your eyes away from the road far too long. 

I fitted a columbus to our Fabia due to wife travelling more with new job. 

Bought from the excellent RustyNuts on here for a good price. Took me longer to get the tools out than to fit. 

• Like 1

I installed a Amundsen+ unit into my 2010 Fabia facelift, GPS module sits behind the top dash glove compartment, takes about 30mins to do. Simple jobby :) I had someone on the forum who lives local to me activate Navigation on the maxidot, really easy to follow. 

IMG_7899.JPG

Edited by JGrindel
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, JGrindel said:

How did you manage to get it into yards instead of the weird loading bar?? thanks

Its just like that? Im not sure. 

Its a 2013 car if that helps? Not sure if theres any settings in vcds or whether its just like that

3 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Its just like that? Im not sure. 

Its a 2013 car if that helps? Not sure if theres any settings in vcds or whether its just like that

Strange! Maybe its a Vcds setting! thanks though 

• Like 1