Just seen one in the flesh

pmdc199

I have just been to the Brussels motor show.

They had a white SEL equivalent with the Alacantara seats (black)

And a red Edition equivalent. It looked really nice in red. But it had a special leather seat and a flat bottom steering wheel which were great.

The space inside is vast, even the boot with 7 seat mode you really impressive. Lots of people queuing to look at them.

I attach pics.

post-24288-0-02568100-1484829049_thumb.jpg

post-24288-0-32325600-1484829049_thumb.jpg

post-24288-0-84881700-1484829518_thumb.jpg

Edited by pmdc199
  • Like 1

I have just been to the Brussels motor show.

They had a white SEL equivalent with the Alacantara seats (black)

And a red Edition equivalent. It looked really nice in red. But it had a special leather seat and a flat bottom steering wheel which were great.

The space inside is vast, even the boot with 7 seat mode you really impressive. Lots of people queuing to look at them.

I attach pics

Can't get the seats the right way, tried turning in pshop and saving. They are fine before uploading. Sorry

The wheels on this were much nicer than what you can buy. I also hope production cars don't have the dsg gear stick from an old boy Rover 75 which it currently has yuk.

The dash inserts (black with line on) don't look so bad in real life I thought in pictures that it looked cheap

Thabks for the pics because I've ordered SEL in red. Pretty annoying they're not UK spec though that does wind you up. Surely good looking alloys don't cost them any more to make than boring ones, so why don't they put them on the car!

Also does that have black grille surround? Don't remember that being on the brochure.

Thabks for the pics because I've ordered SEL in red. Pretty annoying they're not UK spec though that does wind you up. Surely good looking alloys don't cost them any more to make than boring ones, so why don't they put them on the car!

Also does that have black grille surround? Don't remember that being on the brochure.

The close up on the original photo is Chrome as here

post-24288-0-96146900-1484848626_thumb.jpg

The sport seats are option code PL3 and the sports steering wheel is code PLG. I definitely want the steering wheel but not sure about the sports seats. The normal seats look comfier and IMO they seem to already have enough side bolstering for even sporty driving.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyboby

We have had Kodiaq demo tour running in Finland since early January, I recon some thousand test drives done now.

Test car was 190 hp DSL DGS, I think Style kitted that would do it SE L version.

Nice car to drive. DSG box I did not personally like but that was my first touch to DSG.

Very significant thing was how quiet the car was.

Ordered one and they promised deliveries to early june.

Edited by Kodiak1

On 1/20/2017 at 04:23, ZacDaMan72 said:

The sport seats are option code PL3 and the sports steering wheel is code PLG. I definitely want the steering wheel but not sure about the sports seats. The normal seats look comfier and IMO they seem to already have enough side bolstering for even sporty driving.

Heated steering wheel PLD and PLV....just a fancy option or need?

14 minutes ago, djordje48 said:

Fancy option. I wouldn't have gone for it if it wasn't standard here in NZ for the model I'm ordering. 

3 hours ago, djordje48 said:

I wouldn't have asked for a hot steering wheel, but it seems to be bundled with the DSG paddles, which I do want. So hot wheel it will be.

1 hour ago, BoxerBoy said:

I wouldn't have asked for a hot steering wheel, but it seems to be bundled with the DSG paddles, which I do want. So hot wheel it will be.

Boxer, you don't by any chance live on The Bridges do you?

I am glad I've ordered it.

Because of the kids I've given up on beige interrior but that test car has dark alcantara and I've just fell in love with it. Black makes interrior more classic and it is harder to see any hard plastic in below area. 

Even with 19" wheels, the DCC works great and in comfort mode road bumps were absorbed well. That was my only concern regarding Kodiaq (German cars are known not to be comfort) because today I've driven Skoda for the first time. When I switched back to Grand Scenic, my car felt somehow too soft. Still I don't like stiff suspension.

Canton plays very loud at 25% of volume.

Navigation was working well. I've tested area view. Compared to Grand Scenic diesel, TDi has larger turbo hole below 1750 rpm but above that it flies. Thanks to DSG you don't need to bother with it. 

Now I know now why it is a winner in so many reviews.