Car mats

Hi everyone

So I went to collect my new fabia tonight but due to unforeseen circumstances the car wasn't ready and it was a wasted journey. Very annoying when I busted a gut to get out of work earlier and then fight through traffic to get there :( When I arrived they appeared mortified for what had happened and have now offered to deliver it to me with a full tank of petrol. Hoping this will be tomorrow but they can't guarantee this! I've gone a bit off track here I know but I'm wondering whether to ask them if they can throw in some skoda car mats as well as a good will gesture but before I do can anyone advise if they come with them anyway?

Thank you

Unforeseen circumstances was my sales exec had a family emergency earlier in the day and only he was dealing with my order etc unfortunately when I turned up nobody there knew a thing about it and they said it wasn't taxed etc. I got the impression it wouldn't have been ready even if my sales exec was there. Some of it can't be helped but somebody could have rang me and saved me all the effort!

My SEL came with car mats.

I would be asking for something else other than car mats. Even if you had to buy them for £45. What about the first service thrown in as a gesture? That would save you more than £45?

And I got both rubber- and textile mats with mine at no extra charge.

Anyhow, couldnt that salesman just give a call when the car was ready for a pick up?

And I got both rubber- and textile mats with mine at no extra charge.

Anyhow, couldnt that salesman just give a call when the car was ready for a pick up?

Yes absolutely but unfortunately it never happened. He's since told the manager that he wasn't aware he'd arranged collection for last night but I had emailed him yesterday afternoon about it. Definitely some wires crossed somewhere! Worked out well anyway. Car delivered today with full tank and they've ordered me some rubber mats to throw in and two services. It's the least they couldn't have done for the inconvenience. Absolutely love the car! Best choice I made