How do I remove the rear bumper on a 2016 Superb Estate

I want to fit rear parking sensors to me recently purchased Superb S 1.6 TDi estate. I really don't want to drill my bumper to find I hit steelwork so I'd prefer to remove the bumper to get a better look.

I've removed 3 off torx screw from each rear wheel arch and all bumper fixing torx screws from underneath. The bumper is still fast.

I went on to remove the rear quarterlights but didn't find bumper fixing screws there.

2017-01-20%2011.40.12.jpg?dl=1

2017-01-20%2012.42.52.jpg?dl=1

2017-01-20%2012.48.25.jpg?dl=1

Any ideas?

Just a thought - do you need to remove the rear "bumper" ? The rear facing OEM sensors are mounted on small rear "spoiler" attached to the bottom edge of the bumper cover.  I realise that wiring may force removal.

Thanks peter_k & RickTT I did image searches for parking sensor location on Superb3 but didn't find any. I think it was because I was expecting to see them on the bumper itself.

Your advice has saved me from making a costly mistake.

The OEM location does put the sensors lower than the minimum recommended 400mm (~385mmm) but this valence is angled slightly upward so that should overcome any false reading from the ground.

I think starfighter is correct about access to the loom grommets if I remove the rear tray but connection to the loom looks tough.

Since I still have 23 months guarantee, I'm nervous about making permanent changes to the wiring. (does this affect the guarantee?)

4i5vtw1.jpg

I don't like scotchlock connectors for my feed (as above)

instead I'd preferr to use wago connectors (below)

222-415_2_.jpg?1475159752

but this will involve cutting a cable in the harness.

Cutting (even splicing) the harness would definitely void your warranty. I'd just stick with the ScotchLok if that means keeping the loom intact - they are not as bad as they look.

Edited by Csory

There are markings on the rear side of the "spoiler" where to drill the holes for sensors. Do yourself a favour, and go for the OEM solution instead of some random Halford-crappy "beep-beep" solution. It might save you pennies right now, but it will also save the joy of an integrated and fully functional solution.

OEM can be bought here:

http://www.carsystems.pl/skoda-superb-3-3v-park-pilot-rear-w-ops-5q0919283-free-painting-service,id2309.html

Edited by GaSelle