new owner

speedy2

just thought id come and say hi as I've finally parted with the old warhorse that was my mk1 Octavia,  it had served us well and covered 180k miles (120k with us) but she was getting old and we are dropping to 1 car so need reliability.  I had wanted another Octavia (because I lack imagination ) but my good wife really wanted the high driving position that the yeti offered. 

so we managed to get a metallic green  16 plate 2 litre (110)  with 7k miles on the clock and I must say its a very nice drive and business spec  which has got DAB and sat nav which was a bonus. we pick it up from a very nice salesman called Adam in Newcastle-under-lyme on Tuesday.  i loved my old octy but its like night and day in comparison to the smoothness of the yeti.  we only had a short test drive but there seemed to be plenty of power  bearing in mind we are coming from the old and trusty 1.9 tdi which unless i'm very much mistaken Boudicca used in her chariot!

anyway,one question has anyone got a big dog? we've got a German shepherd and i was wondering if he would fit in the back for vet visits etc.  i was thinking  that i could either fold one seat forward or remove completely ( the seating system is genius btw ) and he could jump in through the door.  it wasn't a deal breaker as we do have a horse box which could be used for him.

• Like 1

Not much help to you, but we ordered the net divider with ours to keep the dog in the back - I think its only a new build option though. Skoda do do a metal dog guard which also looks good and is retrofitable.

The parcels shelf will fit (reversed) behind the back seats if you need to keep it in the car when it is removed from the boot.

We got a Rearguard boot lip protector to save claw marks and a plastic boot tray liner from Carmats4u to complete the dog proofing.

Our dog is only a Springer Spaniel though, although he moves around enough that he seems to take up a Great Dane's worth of space!

got a biggish rough collie, he fits without probs and he has done long journeys with breaks of course witout probs - he has always been boot based and doesn't try to move around the interior - no need for a barrier here then!

Thanks guys

yeah the claw marks was the biggest concern,  he's pretty chilled once he gets in the back, seems very   content to stare out the window at the drivers behind tbh bless him.  i'll give it a trial run once we get it.

Thanks again

We travel 800 miles from northern England into France ( and back of course) 5 times a year with a collie cross lurcher in the boot along with all her necessary paraphernalia and food (food just for a few days). Put the seat backs vertical, use the head restraints as a measure to prevent dog from trying to get into rear seats. Dog loves it!! Only problem is she can't now jump in or out so has to be lifted, not so easy with a German shepherd.

• Like 1

This hairy great lump fits in with room to spare, rear bumper top covered with clear protector. and seats left in place.

post-52230-0-57776200-1358527460_thumb.jpg
Edited by wakev

Welcome Tom , I hope you enjoy the YETI  :thumbup:

many thanks Clive looking forward to collecting it :clap:

This hairy great lump fits in with room to spare, rear bumper top covered with clear protector. and seats left in place.

omg  is that a picture of an actual Yeti!!! :D ... Zac "panzer" should be fine then but we don't have the spare wheel so its a bit of a drop from the lip to the floor and im worried he would hurt himself.   I'll do some experiments when we get it. 

Hi. Until recently I had a Golden Retriever and she went in the back without any problems - room to lay down when she wanted to etc. The only thing that concerend us was that if you aren't aware of it it can get pretty warm back there behind the seats so good ventilation is essential for heavier coated dogs. (If you don't have a full boot liner and are happy to remove the centre seat that would do the job too I imagine - as long as your dog doesn't see that as an invitation to try seats around the car!

Hi. Until recently I had a Golden Retriever and she went in the back without any problems - room to lay down when she wanted to etc. The only thing that concerend us was that if you aren't aware of it it can get pretty warm back there behind the seats so good ventilation is essential for heavier coated dogs. (If you don't have a full boot liner and are happy to remove the centre seat that would do the job too I imagine - as long as your dog doesn't see that as an invitation to try seats around the car!

thanks paul

we only do short journeys with him (vets mainly ) and I am thinking of tumbling the front seat forward for him to access so hopefully wont be an issue.

Hi I look after my Mates Border Collie cross.

"Rustcy" who is 16 years, I put right seat Down Flat and He let's Idiot drivers know they are speeding etc.

My Mate knows when we are going to the Beach 10 km before we get there, by giving me a "Thank you" Bark.

• Like 1